Ridged Industries lighting

KernHydro

Anyone here have experience with ridged industries LED lighting? Im looking to hook up a pair or a bar upfront and run them off my fog light power and Im also looking to run a back up light as well. I would like to do all off factory wires, so without rewiring or running switches inside. Whats the pros and cons to leds and are great or not so great..

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Rigid lights are super high quality. The pros: less current draw to power them, much less, putting less of a strain on the charging system and battery, and won't make the can bus shut anything down from drawing too much current. They last practically forever compared to a halogen or HID light. They are available in spot or flood pattern, and amber or white colors.

The cons: Some of the bigger light bars are super expensive, like the 20" and 50". They may not be as bright or have the output of HID offroad lights, but IMHO that makes a set of Rigid Duallys great for back up lights and/or fog lights.

I have a set of Rigid Dually D2s to use as back up lights on the rear cross member I still need to install once I get the corner armor and tire carrier installed, and plan to wire them into the factory wire harness.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I have rigid D2s on my windshield. Love 'em. Bright as day. Easy install. But they weren't cheap.

Indefatigable

I have a set of the D2s.

Like almost all LED, the white is quite white and does wash out what they illuminate.

I like my set :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
as mentioned, they are really nice lights but a bit pricey for what they are. like highoctane, i run a pair of Dually D2s on the back of my JK's as backup lights and they work quite well.

170442_10150973972568971_1173209854_o.jpg

Top Bottom