NEW defrosting truck-lite LED headlights

Looks like truck lite has released defrosting headlights. there is a thermometer in the headlight that turns on defrosters in the lens when it gets close to freezing temps.

i know this addresses my main concern for NOT buying truck lites.

no info yet on the truck lite site.

just wanted to share!

edit: http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...&productId=106527&langId=-1&catentryId=106538

It will be interesting to see how these perform. If you get them, post up a review! :thumb:

Last edited:

PNWjeeper

Ordered these yesterday, should be here this coming Wednesday then going into the mountains next weekend. Timing couldn't be better. Will post a review after.

Hopefully they work.... And stand test of time.

Holeshot

Banned
FYI guys, these are "military truck" lights.. they're not having the same harnesses than the one we have. If you are at ease to work that out and fit with your harness then it should be fine.

FYI .

These are not warrantied by Trucklite these are for military applications only. And they are built for 24 volt only half of the "defroster" works.

We have been working with truck light for over a year now to get the "commercial" equivalent of the military light made. In my opinion it is still 6-12 months out until that happens.

David

Jersey_Devil

View attachment 67022

Wish I knew this was coming out before I bought mine :/

I just put a set of ion yellow bulbs in my piaa 520s for the winter month only, the rest of the year they have piaa hyper white bulbs. I adjusted the piaas to the EXACT same hight as the headlights so when it snows I just run with my parking/factory fogs (also amber for winter) and the piaas. No headlights.

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391325273989.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391325273989.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 545
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391325293822.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391325293822.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 539

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Looks like it's just a heated ring but it also looks like it wouldn't fit with the OEM light ring or in the grill opening (on a JK anyway).

Edit: hmm, looks like one version doesn't have the "long bucket" so maybe it would work.

Last edited:

Holeshot

Banned
FYI .

These are not warrantied by Trucklite these are for military applications only. And they are built for 24 volt only half of the "defroster" works.

We have been working with truck light for over a year now to get the "commercial" equivalent of the military light made. In my opinion it is still 6-12 months out until that happens.

David

however, it is written in the specs that it is 12 and 24v compatible.

12v or 24v, as 9v-33v multivolt design operates in both 12v and 24v systems without adjustment

Wojo83

I just put a set of ion yellow bulbs in my piaa 520s for the winter month only, the rest of the year they have piaa hyper white bulbs. I adjusted the piaas to the EXACT same hight as the headlights so when it snows I just run with my parking/factory fogs (also amber for winter) and the piaas. No headlights.

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Not a bad idea thanks!

PNWjeeper

the website says multi volt compatable (24v & 12v). i did buy a harness with these also. If they dont work... well hopefully i will be able to return them haha

the website says multi volt compatable (24v & 12v). i did buy a harness with these also. If they dont work... well hopefully i will be able to return them haha

to be clear.

My information is coming straight from Trucklite.

They will work on the 12V system just not 100%. and to be clear they will not be warrantied by trucklight at all.

David

Only half of the Defroster "lines" work.

They are working on a commercial style Heated trucklite just don't want people upset with trucklite for no warranty and half of the defrost working.

David

PNWjeeper

I have messaged a guy a dew times who lives on the east coast with these and has been slammed with wintry weather we've all heard about. He tells me they work great. But I am reading that on the internet so taking it with a grain of salt.

Thank you for letting me know about the warranty. If they don't work for me and I can't return them to the vendor I will just send them to the CC company I used and they will refund my card.

Will post a review when they are installed and have had some use!

I have messaged a guy a dew times who lives on the east coast with these and has been slammed with wintry weather we've all heard about. He tells me they work great. But I am reading that on the internet so taking it with a grain of salt.

Thank you for letting me know about the warranty. If they don't work for me and I can't return them to the vendor I will just send them to the CC company I used and they will refund my card.

Will post a review when they are installed and have had some use!

That seems kinda shady... If you know there could be an issue but go ahead anyway why should someone else eat the bill?

PNWjeeper

That seems kinda shady... If you know there could be an issue but go ahead anyway why should someone else eat the bill?

NOT shady. Most companies label it as purchase protection. If your not satisfied and the merchant will not accept a return (just outside 14 days, opened item - whatever the case may be) send the CC company the product they'll give you a refund. Along the same lines the benefit also adds warranty extension, price protection, and repair in most cases. Read your disclosures you may have similar benefits.

NOT shady. Most companies label it as purchase protection. If your not satisfied and the merchant will not accept a return (just outside 14 days, opened item - whatever the case may be) send the CC company the product they'll give you a refund. Along the same lines the benefit also adds warranty extension, price protection, and repair in most cases. Read your disclosures you may have similar benefits.

It think we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I know what the protection service is, but would never use it in this capacity. You will be making the purchase in full knowledge of a possible issue. It is hard for me to accept a lack of satisfaction on an issue you were aware of before the purchase.

Nothing is free, someone foots the bill and when these benefits get abused they go away for everyone, including the ones that haven't abused them.

Top Bottom