Stinger problems

JKU EXTREME

I want an offroad bumper. More importantly, I want the Evo 1/4 pounder. (OBVIOUSLY) it has a stinger, or has the option I have a stinger, either way it's an awesome bumper. So my question is....How hard does it take to adjust, to not hit the person infront of you at the stoplight. Is it difficult to park with? And how far does the quarter pounder stick out anyway?
These questions, except for the last one are for anyone with the knowledge, the quarter pounder or another stinger.
Thanks
-John

StrizzyChris

How hard does it take to adjust, to not hit the person infront of you at the stoplight. Is it difficult to park with? And how far does the quarter pounder stick out anyway?

It, in my opinion, makes parking much easier actually. It sticks up just above the hood so its never hidden from sight and accidentally sticking out into something. In that respect I can park within inches of something and have a visual of exactly where I am. I find that I park very close now, compared to prior to having a stinger.

edit: I have the EVO 1/4 pounder. It comes without the stinger and the stinger is an add on.

David1tontj

It, in my opinion, makes parking much easier actually. It sticks up just above the hood so its never hidden from sight and accidentally sticking out into something. In that respect I can park within inches of something and have a visual of exactly where I am. I find that I park very close now, compared to prior to having a stinger.

edit: I have the EVO 1/4 pounder. It comes without the stinger and the stinger is an add on.

X2 on the actually getting closer.. It's not a guess anymore, I know exactly where my bumper is. Mine isn't the 1/4 pounder, but it only sticks out like another 8" (guess) from where my winch hook is

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I like it because you can really judge how close you are to something in front of you. When in road rage moments you can put the stinger over the person in front of you’s trunk, getting really close without hitting them.

JAGS

Hooked
I have the LOD armor lite stinger and it is night and day to driving without one. For the same reasons as others have mentioned.

As a bonus, the wife really liked the look and she can drive it a little easier because the ease of knowing the distance.

The 1/4 is an awesome bumper and you regret it if that's the direction your going.

- Jason

10frank9

Web Wheeler
IWhen in road rage moments you can put the stinger over the person in front of you’s trunk, getting really close without hitting them.

I wasn't going to say this, but yeah you can literally put it over the top of the cars trunk in front of you or "sting" them if needed.

I too have the EVO Mfg. 1/4 Pounder with stinger. It sticks put less than other stingers like LõD, OR-FAB and others. Like the posts above it does make it easier to park as you know exactly where your front end is at. Hope this helps. :yup:

Skid_Kid

There really is no adjusting needed. Why are you that close to the vehicle in front of you anyways? You can see the tip of the stinger from you drivers seat (if your tall enough).

Hack12

I have the Rugged Ridge XHD Stinger, or should I say, the Rugged Ridge XHD stationary parking assistant.

David1tontj

I've posted this pic before, but stingers are great for when someone turns in front of you and cuts you off... :D

View attachment 68517
Hey! That same idiot parked too far out from the curb up here and my buddy clipped him while passing in the snow!

There was only 3 ruts in the snow, so when an f350 was coming the other way, he had to get out of the shared center rut, and then it happened.....

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

David1tontj

Forgot pic ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392071374.166392.jpg

JKFlyer

They all said it right....it helps...does not detract

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepgrl81

I am five foot and love my Pure Jeep bumper with grill guard and stinger. When I was transferring it last year from my two door to my jku I was lost without it! Highly recommend getting it.

I will attach a few pics for you...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1392083586410.jpg
    1392083586410.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 1392083613016.jpg
    1392083613016.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 154

JAGS

Hooked
Do you know how far the stinger sticks out from the bumper?

Each manufacture stinger is a little different. Even my LOD armor lite stinger is different (less forward angle) than other LOD stingers. EVO sticks out just less than mine. Here's a few pics of the LOD armor lite shorty with stinger just for comparison.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392084059.681132.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392084132.785325.jpg

- Jason

Top Bottom