Hi lift hood mount Q?

MrHooah04

Hey all..getting a hi-lift next week and want to mount in on my hood.

Question is..are there any hood mounts that don't interfere with the windshield washer nipple? Just want to make sure I can still clean my windshield..I have an 07 so I just have one in the middle. Thanks all.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure all the ones I've seen attach to the hinges and yeah, at that point, it would get in the way. Any reason why you want your Hi-Lift on the hood or is it that you just like the looks of it?

MrHooah04

I'm pretty sure all the ones I've seen attach to the hinges and yeah, at that point, it would get in the way. Any reason why you want your Hi-Lift on the hood or is it that you just like the looks of it?

No particular reason..just saw it as an easier option than making a mount on my tire carrier. Never considered it on my rear bumper..is it easy to do?

dahreno

Banned
I personally would not put it on my hood, It gets in the way of seeing well and I would probably end up hitting or dragging it across my hood by accident taking it off or reinstalling it, sooner or later. That's just me, do what you want.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No particular reason..just saw it as an easier option than making a mount on my tire carrier. Never considered it on my rear bumper..is it easy to do?

There are some good rear tailgate hinge kits, I think Rampage makes one. I personally would go that route instead.

FrankenJeeper

I installed my hi lift on my hood with eBay mounts and I have the handle side facing front of the jeep and it doesn't block my wiper fluid. But its lifting tooth is close when opening the hood

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

Also keep in mind that the hi lift will fit fine under the rear seat. I had mine there for a while until I got a rear bumper that had a mount built in.

Also keep in mind that the hi lift will fit fine under the rear seat. I had mine there for a while until I got a rear bumper that had a mount built in.

Does this apply to a 2dr as well? Doesn't seem like much room under mine at all.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mattfl

I have the River Raider mounts and they don't block the nozzle as long as you have the bar part of the high mount facing towards the front of your Jeep.

Jersey_Devil

Put mine on the hood with El cheapo eBay hood mounts. I mounted hook facing inwards (just like the way it looks like that better, no function really) my washer spray BARELY hits the HiLift but it still gets full spray on the windshield without a problem.

Sent from my obama monitoring device

07streetbobrider

I thought I read a review on one of the tailgate hinge mounts and they said if you open your tailgate too far, the hi-Lift it will crush your taillight...anyone experience this?

mrmet1983

I had the rampage mount and one of the bolts snapped and the hi lift almost fell off on the highway. Just make sure u get some good grade bolts don't use the ones in the kit they are trash

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I had my hi-lift mounted on the hood for a short time. Like someone said above, you better hang onto that thing when you are taking it on and off. I quit carrying it because it is rarely actually needed and there is always someone with me that has one.
So, if you are looking for hi-lift hood mounts, let me know.

suicideking

Does this apply to a 2dr as well? Doesn't seem like much room under mine at all.

Not sure. Length would be fine, but I haven't looked at a 2 door back seat. Try it out and report back. I'm sure you could borrow someones jack and try it.

Not sure. Length would be fine, but I haven't looked at a 2 door back seat. Try it out and report back. I'm sure you could borrow someones jack and try it.

I have a jack, but like the OP I'm trying to think of a better/safer place for mine other than across my spare where I keep denting my Mellon on it:D

DMF

Sorry op for hi-jacking your thread (no pun intended) but how much weight can a JK tailgate hold? I'm reading the stock tire carrier can only hold 50 lbs and the tailgate itself 100 lbs before the weld breaks. Well my spare weighs 85 lbs total and since I'm not getting a new bumper before I head off to Death Valley in a few weeks, will it be safe to add a hi lift mount that attaches to the tailgate hinge? I prefer not to mount it or leave it inside the car on the floor due to pets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom