PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Build up

2012jkfng702
10-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Hey guys, new to the Forum but very familliar with 96-06 Jeeps. I placed my order a couple weeks ago for a 2012 JK Rubicon Unlimited, should be in by Dec. I'm planning a Build up Tell me what you guys think...
6 inch Full Traction long arm
Smittybuilt front, rear and side armor
37 inch BFG KM 2's on 17 inch Black Walker Evans beadlocks
Rancho RS 9000 pro series shocks
AFE cold air intake
Tom woods driveshafts or simular
Now Ive talked to Chris from Full Traction, Those guys are super cool, But I don't know what off set I'll need for the Walker Evans Beadlocks or if Rancho makes a size that will work with the lift...

teeswenka
11-15-2011, 02:09 AM
Congrats on the 2012. Just traded in my 2 door for the 4. Waiting on it to arrive at the dealer. I will be following your build with lots of interest.

wayoflife
11-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Hey guys, new to the Forum but very familliar with 96-06 Jeeps. I placed my order a couple weeks ago for a 2012 JK Rubicon Unlimited, should be in by Dec. I'm planning a Build up Tell me what you guys think...
6 inch Full Traction long arm
Smittybuilt front, rear and side armor
37 inch BFG KM 2's on 17 inch Black Walker Evans beadlocks
Rancho RS 9000 pro series shocks
AFE cold air intake
Tom woods driveshafts or simular
Now Ive talked to Chris from Full Traction, Those guys are super cool, But I don't know what off set I'll need for the Walker Evans Beadlocks or if Rancho makes a size that will work with the lift...

the only thing i might add is that you get you upgrade your driveshaft with a set of spicer or neapco u-joints. the cheap chinese u-joints woods uses is crap - trust me on this one.

regarding your walkers, they only come in one back spacing and if i recall, it's 4.75" or there abouts. you should be okay with running them with the tires you plan on getting but, if you do have rubbing issues, a set of spidertrax wheel spacers will take care of you. as far as shocks go, rancho has just about every length you can imagine getting and i'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for.

2012jkfng702
11-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks Eddie for the input. The Jeep comes in two more days and I'm about to pee my pants. A couple of changes to the build so far " due to money" or at least for the time being. Called my local drive shaft guy at Adam's drive shaft and I can get front and back for what I can get the rear Woods drive shaft for. My 37's are on back order as for my rims... Had to go with a procomp rim for the time being at 200.00 a rim they are 230 a rim cheaper than the Walker Evans that I'll get down the line. Got to call Full Traction to get my lift on the way.. I'll do a complete write up as I go for the stuff that doesn't already have a write up. I intend on doing every thing myself so hopefully I can inspire so more do it your self'ers... Any input on a good light front axle truss, and I'll probably do a synergy c gusset as well.

Robar
11-26-2011, 08:45 PM
PureJeep makes a good axle truss and c gussets. I think you can get them in a package deal. As far as the drive shafts go, if you have a good local guy I would go with them.

http://www.purejeep.com/proddetail.php?prod=PJ5155

2012jkfng702
11-27-2011, 04:51 AM
Thanks Robar for the link... I'm definitely going by way of local driveline way cheaper and the guys at Adam's are Jeep freaks as well from what I heard.