switch locations

noroad

I have a 2 dr standard and i am looking for pics of places people have been putting switches for lights, lockers, air comp, what ever you may have! thanks guys just trying to figure where to put the things!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a 2 dr standard and i am looking for pics of places people have been putting switches for lights, lockers, air comp, what ever you may have! thanks guys just trying to figure where to put the things!

do you have plans on running a cage at all? i ask cause if so it eliminates a position.

even if you dont a good thing to think of doing is doing the make your own spod. here is the write up for it. its cheap and easy and allows you to run multiple switches

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?13119-DIY-Spod-Waytekwire&highlight=spod

I am in the process of fabricating a switch plate that will go in the spot right below the radio. If you have power windows and locks that is the location. I also went with smaller round switches insead of the big rocker switches like the Daystar ones. Again once I have a finished product I will post pics. I am using pvan's idea.

R/
Will

noroad

I am in the process of fabricating a switch plate that will go in the spot right below the radio. If you have power windows and locks that is the location. I also went with smaller round switches insead of the big rocker switches like the Daystar ones. Again once I have a finished product I will post pics. I am using pvan's idea.

R/
Will

sweet cant wait to see the small buttons!!

noroad

I like the second on in that pic i have to see if i can find it now, but it looks close to the shifter?

jeeeep

Hooked
Wired HDH discontinued already?? went to their website and their store is closed...anything else similar to this?

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
11+ interriors deffinitly make it harder, esp if you have power windows. I was going to do the pillar mount untill I decided on the cage. I went with the sPod to make my life easier in the end and I like where its installed at, but deff was way more expensive than it should be. If they were smart they would just sell the metal switch holder to put between the visors for people who want to make their own setups.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, I run Off Road Engineering custom switches in both my JK's. They are super easy to install, customizable, compact and can be installed just about anywhere. I recently relocated the one I have in Moby so that it sits above the rear view mirror. You'll have to forgive the quality of the pics as I just took them now in my garage. I can take better ones later...

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7433.jpg

In Rubicat which is a 2012, I just install the switches to a Daystar panel...

IMG_7434.jpg

Of course, if you don't need 6 switches, you can get 4. Or, if you need more, you can get 8 or even 10 with whatever labels you want and programmed however you need. Aside from the DIY spod that pvanweelden came up with, this is the ONLY other option I would recommend.

noroad

As mentioned, I run Off Road Engineering custom switches in both my JK's. They are super easy to install, customizable, compact and can be installed just about anywhere. I recently relocated the one I have in Moby so that it sits above the rear view mirror. You'll have to forgive the quality of the pics as I just took them now in my garage. I can take better ones later...

In Rubicat which is a 2012, I just install the switches to a Daystar panel...

Of course, if you don't need 6 switches, you can get 4. Or, if you need more, you can get 8 or even 10 with whatever labels you want and programmed however you need. Aside from the DIY spod that pvanweelden came up with, this is the ONLY other option I would recommend.

I really like it up by the mirror out if the way, there web page doesnt really list a price is it reasonable and does it come with everything to install?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really like it up by the mirror out if the way, there web page doesnt really list a price is it reasonable and does it come with everything to install?

When I bought mine, the 6-switch panel was selling for only $325. Although, I got mine for less at the Off Road Expo. It comes with everything you need to install it. Here's a link to an older thread I started about it a while back and it has more pics too:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?264-Moby-s-NEW-Off-Road-Engineering-Custom-Switch-Panel-Installed!!

robx251

Caught the Bug
I really am happy with my a pillar setup if you only need 4 it works great!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

mattfl

SPOD switch panel all the way

Attachments

• 1939043_10153870788040195_969919847_o.jpg
    1939043_10153870788040195_969919847_o.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 286

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
SPOD switch panel all the way

Only if you want to spend a ton of money on something that you can make for a LOT LESS. Even if it were cheaper, I couldn't get myself to support a guy who would sign up on a forum, pretend to be a regular member just so that he could undercover pimp his product. Oh yeah, I caught him red handed doing this and in spite of all the chances I've given him, he still will not man up and admit what he did. Of course, I'll admit that I'm kind of old school in that things like honesty and integrity still matter to me.

mattfl

11+ interriors deffinitly make it harder, esp if you have power windows. I was going to do the pillar mount untill I decided on the cage. I went with the sPod to make my life easier in the end and I like where its installed at, but deff was way more expensive than it should be. If they were smart they would just sell the metal switch holder to put between the visors for people who want to make their own setups.

If you email them they will sell just the panel.

mattfl

Only if you want to spend a ton of money on something that you can make for a LOT LESS. Even if it were cheaper, I couldn't get myself to support a guy who would sign up on a forum, pretend to be a regular member just so that he could undercover pimp his product. Oh yeah, I caught him red handed doing this and in spite of all the chances I've given him, he still will not man up and admit what he did. Of course, I'll admit that I'm kind of old school in that things like honesty and integrity still matter to me.

Hey, that's great, I was just responding to the OPs question. Also, you missed HinRichs recommending the SPOD panel as well.

Also, I like the look of mine better than yours.

Top Bottom