Odd electrical behavior

ufgeek

I have a 2007 JKUR with power locks. This afternoon I clicked the unlock button on the key and the horn sounded. This is the normal behavior for clicking the lock button. The jeep was unlocked, so I know I hit the right button. Most interestingly, when my son opened the door, the radio came on.

I also have the recurring issue that opening the door causes the CD player to try to eject a disc. It took me a while to figure out what the small motor noise was, since I don't put discs in.

The interior lights, headlights, gauges, other switches, accessory outlets all seem to work normally.

The rig is electrically stock (as far as I know), with the exception of some poorly wired in driving lights on the bumper from the previous owner. These will be rewired when I can swing an SPOD.

Any thoughts on what might be going on? Gremlins? The Ghost of Trails Past?

--geek

JKFlyer

Probably internet trolls!

I WD recommend unplugging each door harness one at a time to see which is causing the CD to eject...them at least u have a place to start!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

txjeeplover

Have you tried resetting the system by disconnecting the negative terminal for a while? I get some odd gremlins every 6-9 months, and resetting the system always fixes the issue.

I suggest that you also disconnect any poorly wired aftermarket products. The JK's electrical system is finicky.

ufgeek

JKFlyer / txjeeplover, thanks for the suggestions. I will poke around next weekend. I'll be out there replacing a tie rod end anyway.

Does the stereo need some silly code after the battery is disconnected? I can't imagine someone stealing a head unit, but I'm also not (generally speaking) a criminal.

JKFlyer

JKFlyer / txjeeplover, thanks for the suggestions. I will poke around next weekend. I'll be out there replacing a tie rod end anyway.

Does the stereo need some silly code after the battery is disconnected? I can't imagine someone stealing a head unit, but I'm also not (generally speaking) a criminal.

Good luck. No code that I am aware of or experienced

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

hydrohut

I have a 2007 JKUR with power locks. This afternoon I clicked the unlock button on the key and the horn sounded. This is the normal behavior for clicking the lock button. The jeep was unlocked, so I know I hit the right button. Most interestingly, when my son opened the door, the radio came on.

I also have the recurring issue that opening the door causes the CD player to try to eject a disc. It took me a while to figure out what the small motor noise was, since I don't put discs in.

The interior lights, headlights, gauges, other switches, accessory outlets all seem to work normally.

The rig is electrically stock (as far as I know), with the exception of some poorly wired in driving lights on the bumper from the previous owner. These will be rewired when I can swing an SPOD.

Any thoughts on what might be going on? Gremlins? The Ghost of Trails Past?

--geek
Low battery voltage? perhaps... Is battery the original?

Top Bottom