Drag link recommendations

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
My drag link is about shot. The boot is torn at the knuckle end and its been spewing out grease for awhile so it's only a matter of time before joint fails. I run EVOs flipped drag link bracket so I would need one compatible with that. I see Synergy has one for $200. I don't know if a mopar right-hand drive one could be ordered, but it would probably be less than $200. I want one that will be easy to install. Any recommendations or experience with the Synergy one?

JK's JK

Banned
My drag link is about shot. The boot is torn at the knuckle end and its been spewing out grease for awhile so it's only a matter of time before joint fails. I run EVOs flipped drag link bracket so I would need one compatible with that. I see Synergy has one for $200. I don't know if a mopar right-hand drive one could be ordered, but it would probably be less than $200. I want one that will be easy to install. Any recommendations or experience with the Synergy one?

I got mine in the other day and havent installed it. I do have a running discussion on the forum.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15285-Synergy-Flip-Kit-installation

Moochie

My draglink is OEM. I probably have about 50,000 miles on it since flip kit installed. Hard to beat! It is right hand drive with EVO flip kit.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
My draglink is OEM. I probably have about 50,000 miles on it since flip kit installed. Hard to beat! It is right hand drive with EVO flip kit.

.....good to know. I started having trouble keeping the OEM nut tight within six months of my EVO install. I changed the nut to a stover type nut and it was better, but still worked loose over time (month or so). After this, I believe I overtorqued the nut at some point and it cracked the insert. I've got loc-tite on it now and it has stayed put for last six months. I've heard from one other forum member who had this issue with OEM so I was assuming that the OEM ones just don't work so well. Have you had trouble keeping the nut (at the knuckle) from loosening? Maybe I'll give EVO and buzz and see if I can just order the OEM right hand drive to replace. They were the ones that installed the flip kit originally. I don't know if the hole size that was drilled will be compatible with other drag links.

Moochie

.....good to know. I started having trouble keeping the OEM nut tight within six months of my EVO install. I changed the nut to a stover type nut and it was better, but still worked loose over time (month or so). After this, I believe I overtorqued the nut at some point and it cracked the insert. I've got loc-tite on it now and it has stayed put for last six months. I've heard from one other forum member who had this issue with OEM so I was assuming that the OEM ones just don't work so well. Have you had trouble keeping the nut (at the knuckle) from loosening? Maybe I'll give EVO and buzz and see if I can just order the OEM right hand drive to replace. They were the ones that installed the flip kit originally. I don't know if the hole size that was drilled will be compatible with other drag links.

ORE installed mine and (knock on wood) I've never had a problem with the nut becoming loose. Good luck with yours!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So long as the joint isn't shifting up and down or side to side, it should be fine even with a torn boot. When it comes time to replace it, Crown makes an OE style RHD drag link that you can get for about $60. I think the part number is 52126058AD

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
So long as the joint isn't shifting up and down or side to side, it should be fine even with a torn boot. When it comes time to replace it, Crown makes an OE style RHD drag link that you can get for about $60. I think the part number is 52126058AD

Awesome, thanks For the info Eddie. BTW, the 3rd anniversary of the longarm giveaway is approaching. We celebrate it every year. Thanks again! It has served us well.

Top Bottom