How Wolves Change Rivers

ssgp2

I perceive the Jeep community as one that appreciate and respect nature.
I hope you appreciate this video as much as I did.

Armydog

I perceive the Jeep community as one that appreciate and respect nature.
I hope you appreciate this video as much as I did.

That is awesome. Tango for that. Great post

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

NTRubicon

Awesome video! and because it's got a British accent to the vocal, somehow I feel not only more educated, but better dressed, and my teeth feel straighter. Wow on many levels

ssgp2

Glad that you enjoyed it!
Figured you would want to know a little more about the author:

"After studying zoology at Oxford, Monbiot worked for the BBC’s natural history unit, making investigative environmental programs, one of which won a Sony Award. He left the BBC to spend six wild years in the tropics. Investigating the Indonesian transmigration program, he walked and canoed across West Papua, becoming lost in the forest, eating insects and rats to stay alive and being stung almost to death by hornets. Investigating evictions in Brazil, he was beaten up by gunmen and nearly shot by military police. The radio program he made about his encounter with a police torturer in Maranhão was used for several years on the BBC’s health and safety training course - as an example of what not to do. Back in Britain, he founded the landrights campaign The Land Is Ours and started writing columns for the Guardian. His other books include Amazon Watershed, Captive State, The Age of Consent and Heat."

http://www.ted.com/talks/george_monbiot_for_more_wonder_rewild_the_world

http://www.pbs.org/strangedays/episodes/predators/experts/yellowstonewolves.html

At 6min 40 sec, he address a similar exemple with the whales:

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

That's awesome! I watch this stuff all the time and drive my GF nuts because "it's boring". I could and would love to watch a 2 hour special about this in depth!

meep97

As one of the very few people living within a short distance to YNP, this is the first time I have ever heard anything good about the wolves being reintroduced to the park. While what all was said in the video may sound good to the people who live in a city and have no clue how the wild life portion of this world works. It's not as pretty as you may all think. They are doing more harm than good, especially to the people who live around the YNP area.

Don't get me wrong. I'd be all for the wolves in Yellowstone if they could just keep them there. But that is not happening and they are being found hundreds of miles away.

I'd also like to see where all of this information came from other than just painting a pretty picture into peoples minds.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
As one of the very few people living within a short distance to YNP, this is the first time I have ever heard anything good about the wolves being reintroduced to the park. While what all was said in the video may sound good to the people who live in a city and have no clue how the wild life portion of this world works. It's not as pretty as you may all think. They are doing more harm than good, especially to the people who live around the YNP area.

Don't get me wrong. I'd be all for the wolves in Yellowstone if they could just keep them there. But that is not happening and they are being found hundreds of miles away.

I'd also like to see where all of this information came from other than just painting a pretty picture into peoples minds.

Yeah, one was spotted as far down as encampment the other day.

ssgp2

I have absolutely no doubts that having predators near any human activity is problematic.
But I think its important to acknowledge that they are an important part of an entire ecosystem.

Better understanding is necessary for better solutions.

Top Bottom