Stock jeep tires

Kilroy

Ok i know this has been discussed and ive check the forums and yes they discuss that at full flex and as far as off road. but i want to know as on road only for now. Will nitto trails and new rims not stock will fit with 35s i know most of you hate mall crawlers but its a look thing for right now and after a few months a lift will be done. I have a 2014 jku rubicon x

BadApple

With trimmed fenders and just on the street you will be fine. I ran mine like that for a couple months. It also depends on the BS of the wheel the amount of rubbing you will have,

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With trimmed fenders and just on the street you will be fine. I ran mine like that for a couple months. It also depends on the BS of the wheel the amount of rubbing you will have,

What he said. With trimmed fenders and wheels with 4.5" of back spacing or less, you can make it work for around town. You'll most likely need to trim your pinch seam and you'll probably still see some rubbing at a full turn but, you can get by.

Kilroy

Do you happen to have pics of what you have to trim. The rims are MOTO METAL - MO961 i the 4.56 bs

Armydog

What he said. With trimmed fenders and wheels with 4.5" of back spacing or less, you can make it work for around town. You'll most likely need to trim your pinch seam and you'll probably still see some rubbing at a full turn but, you can get by.

I have read the advice several times on here, please excuse my ignorance but I'd rather ask than assume and be wrong. Please explain what exactly is this nefarious pinch seem everyone seems to trim?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have read the advice several times on here, please excuse my ignorance but I'd rather ask than assume and be wrong. Please explain what exactly is this nefarious pinch seem everyone seems to trim?

It's all good. On a JK only, the base of the rocker panel has what is called a pinch seam, it's where the panel meets the tub and is spot welded together. Where this terminates at the rear fender well, it can get in the way of your rear tires and cause rubbing. See pic below as it will show you were this point is.

pinchseam.jpg

The orange corner that you see needs to get trimmed. Newer JK's have a 45° where there is a 90° here.

Armydog

It's all good. On a JK only, the base of the rocker panel has what is called a pinch seam, it's where the panel meets the tub and is spot welded together. Where this terminates at the rear fender well, it can get in the way of your rear tires and cause rubbing. See pic below as it will show you were this point is.

View attachment 72910

The orange corner that you see needs to get trimmed. Newer JK's have a 45° where there is a 90° here.

Got it. Awesome reply.... Tango

Kilroy

Should i go 18x9 5.71 bs or 18x10 4.56 bs

Only options on those wheels. For my setup

Top Bottom