Steering issue

Kilroy

I have a 2014 jkurx and it has a tendency to wander or have to over correct on the freeway. now its stock for now. is the a normal thing. This is my first jeep. Alignment is fine.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i would go back and recheck your alignment. your tie rod may have not been torqued down properly and a pot hole could have shaken somethign loose.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 2014 jkurx and it has a tendency to wander or have to over correct on the freeway. now its stock for now. is the a normal thing. This is my first jeep. Alignment is fine.

How much air are you running in your tires? Until my tires broke in, I hated the ride my factory Rubicon tires provided. Lowering the PSI in them helped but give it a bit of time and that will help too.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I run 28 psi on my factory tires. Helped smooth out my ride and no problems. Other that the low tire thing on the dash, procal soon to fix that.

Kilroy

Holy smokes!! WAY TOO MUCH air. Try bringing that back down to a more reasonable 30-32 psi. Trust me, it'll help a lot and even make your ride a bit nicer.

Ya just picked it up last saturday so i just left it where they had it. Ill change it at lunch and see how she runs. Thx

jeeeep

Hooked
don't understand why Chrysler sets 37 as factory other than to get the mileage higher.
around town I run around 32 on long trips I'll run it at 37 or higher for mileage.
as mentioned, once your tires break in they'll be better.
at about 3000 miles you may want to do a chalk test to see how they are wearing at your psi and adjust to get the best tread pattern

Top Bottom