3.6 JK rev limiter

Polarbear

Ok so I've been pretty excited about my 3.6 L and I have to admit I get on it every now and again. I was however surprised to have my rev limiter kick in before the transmission shifts. It's happened 2 maybe 3 times and I was wondering if any one else has had the same problem.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
are you still running stock tires or larger ones and if the later, did you make sure to recalibrate your speedo?

Polarbear

It's completely stock. It only does it for a second and sounds like it only hits it once then shifts. Like I said to it only happens when I floor it but I'm a little concerned, maybe a reprogram will fix it?

Chairokey

Polarbear said:
It's completely stock. It only does it for a second and sounds like it only hits it once then shifts. Like I said to it only happens when I floor it but I'm a little concerned, maybe a reprogram will fix it?

Oooh it pains me to floor it lol! At what rpm's does the limiter kick in?

Polarbear

At or very near redline. I know its supposed to kick at redline but I'm pretty sure it should shift first when in drive.

Holeshot

Banned
automatic trannys have adaptive memory. so if your jeep is brand new and if it is the first time you floor it, its kind of normal condition IMO. Same thing will happen if you unplug your battery, PCM and TCM will have a relearn period before it come back to your "normal" working condition.

Top Bottom