Rougher than usual ride

JLearie

In the past month or so I have noticed that my 2008 Sahara Unlimited has been riding rougher than usual. I know that "It's a Jeep and it's supposed to be rough," but it has been getting progressively worse. Right now it has 275/70/17 BFG At's on stock rims & a Teraflex 2/1 levelling kit with Rubi shocks. No wobble, but a pronounced roughness and some vibrations at all speeds. Where should I look first for problems?

Leocon

In the past month or so I have noticed that my 2008 Sahara Unlimited has been riding rougher than usual. I know that "It's a Jeep and it's supposed to be rough," but it has been getting progressively worse. Right now it has 275/70/17 BFG At's on stock rims & a Teraflex 2/1 levelling kit with Rubi shocks. No wobble, but a pronounced roughness and some vibrations at all speeds. Where should I look first for problems?

How many miles on the tires?

Dr. Satan

Not sure where you live but if the temperature has been rising that could increase your tire pressure. Also if your springs have sagged or you added weight to your Jeep you could be riding on the bumpstops.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

Has the temp outside dropped significantly? Jeeps creak a little more when it's cold out (everything contracts and is looser) and shocks stiffen up, hence the stiffer ride.

JLearie

The pressure was around 36. I had it to a garage recently, they must have added air. Dropped down to 27, night and day difference. Thanks guys.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The pressure was around 36. I had it to a garage recently, they must have added air. Dropped down to 27, night and day difference. Thanks guys.

LOL!! Glad to hear it was as simple as that and that your ride is nice again :thumb:

Top Bottom