2-2.5 in lift jkur

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
hey guys, im thinking of lifting my 2014 JKUR 2-2.5 inches.
ive done a lot of reading on here if you go past 3 inches you have to change your front drive shaft.
well i wanted to lift my wrangler without having to change it, atleast until i lift it at its final stage of 4 inches (but that isn't for a good long while).
i was originally going to get the RE 2.5 inch spring lift with monotube shocks, but the threads i've read after the installation of 2.5 inch spring lift with aftermarket shocks will achieve a little more than 3 inches of lift. which would lead me to having change my front drive shaft.

so i decided im going to do a budget boost because ive been reading about the rebates that rancho is doing. so i was thinking of getting the 2 inch sport lift with the 9000xl shocks.
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Lift-Kits-J...t=3533&t_pn=RANRS66109BR9#questions_Container

and i was also thinking if i do a budget boost, i might as well get the 2.5 inch lift i was planning but just switching it for the RE spring spacer lift with the monotube shocks.
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Lift-Kits-J...s.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=R/ERE7133M

so my question is, even if get the 2 inch lift from rancho, or the 2.5 spring spacer lift with the monotube shocks from RE. am i still going to have to change my front drive shaft? or will the BB be right at 2.5 inches of lift and not allow so much articulation since there not a spring lift? and will the BB and bumpstop extensions from the lift stop that extra droop from the aftermarket shocks that come with the lift, keep me from not having to replace my front driveshaft?

sorry for all the questions and long story guys :p

crowrb29

Your from DS should be fine front and rear. It's usually after you get up in the 3 in realm you start having issues.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
one more thing, am i going to have to worry about making my breather lines for the axles longer so they don't come off when fully flexed?

GuillaumeC91

I was actually debating the exact same thing for my 2 door. I would definitely like a 3 inch EVO or Rancho lift but I want to stay away from changing the driveshaft. A BB would probably be fine, but I for some reason really just want to swap coils and shocks.

2.5 coils seem to be hard to find but I recently saw some Rough Country ones (I would prefer to stay away from TeraFlex). Any suggestions? http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-624c.html

I think I would like to pair those with Rancho 9000s but I'm definitely open to suggestions. I just need to know that I could stay clear from swapping the driveshaft.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your from DS should be fine front and rear. It's usually after you get up in the 3 in realm you start having issues.

This is not entirely correct. Yes, his rear DS will be fine but even with just 2.5" of lift, IF you are running aftermarket shocks that allow for too much droop, you WILL damage your front DS.

ponyrt

I was in the same predicament when I wanted to lift my JKU. I went with a RK max travel 2.5".. No complaints thus far. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395682774.379665.jpg

Jay_r24

hey guys, im thinking of lifting my 2014 JKUR 2-2.5 inches.
ive done a lot of reading on here if you go past 3 inches you have to change your front drive shaft.
well i wanted to lift my wrangler without having to change it, atleast until i lift it at its final stage of 4 inches (but that isn't for a good long while).
i was originally going to get the RE 2.5 inch spring lift with monotube shocks, but the threads i've read after the installation of 2.5 inch spring lift with aftermarket shocks will achieve a little more than 3 inches of lift. which would lead me to having change my front drive shaft.

so i decided im going to do a budget boost because ive been reading about the rebates that rancho is doing. so i was thinking of getting the 2 inch sport lift with the 9000xl shocks.
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Lift-Kits-J...t=3533&t_pn=RANRS66109BR9#questions_Container

and i was also thinking if i do a budget boost, i might as well get the 2.5 inch lift i was planning but just switching it for the RE spring spacer lift with the monotube shocks.
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Lift-Kits-J...s.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=R/ERE7133M

so my question is, even if get the 2 inch lift from rancho, or the 2.5 spring spacer lift with the monotube shocks from RE. am i still going to have to change my front drive shaft? or will the BB be right at 2.5 inches of lift and not allow so much articulation since there not a spring lift? and will the BB and bumpstop extensions from the lift stop that extra droop from the aftermarket shocks that come with the lift, keep me from not having to replace my front driveshaft?

sorry for all the questions and long story guys :p

I just installed a 2.5" teraflex Budget Boost and went with Bilstein 5100 shocks. I love the ride and really happy with the lift. I wasn't sure if 2.5" was going to be noticeable but it is.

Sent from Junior's Iphone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GuillaumeC91

I was in the same predicament when I wanted to lift my JKU. I went with a RK max travel 2.5".. No complaints thus far.

Love the look! I'm convinced 2.5" is more than enough for me. The RK kit looks cool, the only problem I have with it is that I read their coils sag over time...

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Top Bottom