Rc 2.5 bb lift still has a rake

Chattinfarms

Put the rough country budget boost on 2.5 front and 2 rear. What do i do now cause it still has a rake to it

Sent from the business end of my jeep

Chattinfarms

That is what I was thinking. Now if I do that an I going to have to do anything else because that will put me at 3 inch lift in the front and have heard that other stuff might have to be done. Thanks for the answers by the way

Chattinfarms

I just measured to the bottom of the fender from the tire and the rear is eight and the front is about 6.5. Is the .50 spacer going to do it or not. By the way this is a stock bumper jeep with no extra weight. I'm running 15 inch wheels and 33 if you need to know. Thanks

That is what I was thinking. Now if I do that an I going to have to do anything else because that will put me at 3 inch lift in the front and have heard that other stuff might have to be done. Thanks for the answers by the way

You won't HAVE to do anything extra. I started with a basic 3 inch lift and added parts as I went. Just to give you a heads up, if you didn't get a front track bar or a bracket with that lift, I would recommend buying one. Also, my front drive shaft boot failed after a few hard wheeling trips. So I would plan on upgrading that eventually.

Chattinfarms

I got a rear track bar bracket with it but not a front. I wonder why they don't give you both in the kit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

The real problem will not be from your lift, it'll be from the length of your shocks and unless you're changing them out for something longer, you won't have a problem.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the extensions now but have new shocks ordered

Well, so long as the new shocks are so long that they will allow for too much droop, you should be okay. If you have a 2012 or newer JK, your front shaft will sit in a steeper angle at 3" of lift and over time, that will cause the CV boot to fail.

Top Bottom