Starting my build on my 2-door jk soon

bigtrucker52

Hey everyone. I'm finishing up my junior year of high school right now and plan on getting a job this summer and possibly starting it before school gets out if i can. I'll be on a limited budget, last summer i made somewhere around 2 grand, so this summer will probably be the same. I want to buy probably a 2-2.5" budget spacer lift and possibly a 2-3" coil lift with 35s which the tires and lift will range from $1300-2000 and then eventually upgrading to the offroad evo double throwdown front and rear. Do y'all think i should start off with getting a winch and the offroad evo 1/4 pounder bumper with stinger or the lift and tires first? Thanks every body in advance for the help

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bigtrucker52

And if i go with the bumper and winch with whatever i have left over i may upgrade to 33" tires with the stock suspension if i can

JKbrick

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but you will not need both a budget boost and a coil lift for 35s. Not to sound like an old man but if you are a junior in high school I would recommend the budget boost and save all the money you can.

JK Alec

Hey everyone. I'm finishing up my junior year of high school right now and plan on getting a job this summer and possibly starting it before school gets out if i can. I'll be on a limited budget, last summer i made somewhere around 2 grand, so this summer will probably be the same. I want to buy probably a 2-2.5" budget spacer lift and possibly a 2-3" coil lift with 35s which the tires and lift will range from $1300-2000 and then eventually upgrading to the offroad evo double throwdown front and rear. Do y'all think i should start off with getting a winch and the offroad evo 1/4 pounder bumper with stinger or the lift and tires first? Thanks every body in advance for the help

I'm also a junior in Highschool and have had a job for about a year now. Bought my lift, tires, bumper, and every other mod on my own. Not trying to brag at all, just saying it's very possible just gotta be patient and save up your money!

bigtrucker52

I'm also a junior in Highschool and have had a job for about a year now. Bought my lift, tires, bumper, and every other mod on my own. Not trying to brag at all, just saying it's very possible just gotta be patient and save up your money!

That's awesome that we're in the same grade. What school do you go to? I don't think you're bragging at all so you're fine. That's what i'm gonna have to do. I made the deal with my parents where they bought my car then i'd pay for everything else, meaning lift kit, tires, rims, and all the other aftermarket goodies that i want to put on my jeep

904Jeep

I'm also a Junior in highschool. My jeep was handed down to me stock by my parents. After getting a job the mods quickly followed and it has taken me a year to get to where it is now. If your good with working on your own jeep and have access to the tools to do so I would suggest doing so to save on labor costs. As far as your first mods I would do the lift and tires first. If your set on a coil lift then you can just run coil spacers to fit the tires until you can afford the coils, shocks, and whatever else is needed for the height you choose.

JK Alec

That's awesome that we're in the same grade. What school do you go to? I don't think you're bragging at all so you're fine. That's what i'm gonna have to do. I made the deal with my parents where they bought my car then i'd pay for everything else, meaning lift kit, tires, rims, and all the other aftermarket goodies that i want to put on my jeep

I go to Fayette Academy out in Somerville. And that is the exact same deal I made with my parents.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but you will not need both a budget boost and a coil lift for 35s. Not to sound like an old man but if you are a junior in high school I would recommend the budget boost and save all the money you can.

i agree with JKbrick on this. i would look into a simple Budget Boost Lift to start you off. it will help you fit the tires you want to run for really cheap and keep the factory ride. i would look into something like the teraflex 2.5" BB with shock extensions.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
what type of wheeling are you looking at doing would be my first question. I would agree with others and start with a budget boost and save for what you really want. I started with a tf 2.5" coil lift and have now swapped just about everything from that kit off to what I originally wanted but didn't buy since it was a little more money.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
what type of wheeling are you looking at doing would be my first question. I would agree with others and start with a budget boost and save for what you really want. I started with a tf 2.5" coil lift and have now swapped just about everything from that kit off to what I originally wanted but didn't buy since it was a little more money.

dont you still have that lift for sale? ;):yup:

bigtrucker52

Thanks for the advice. That's what i'm leaning towards but idk yet

bigtrucker52

And it's one or the other for the lift not both

bigtrucker52

Mostly just mudding but i may go out to hot springs and other places around where i live to go trail riding but i don't do much offroading right now since i'm so busy

JKDriver

I was a junior in high school....once a looong time ago. I was building big block '60's Mustangs back in the early '80's. The biggest problem I remember dealing with is you buy what you can during the summer, then you are stuck with that for the school year. So you have to be smart, or you could end up with a screaming 429 Super Cobra Jet engine and a transmission with no second gear....

So my advice would be to decide where you want to eventually get your Jeep, then plan your upgrades with that goal in mind. Sure you might start with a spacer lift now, but as you upgrade things down the road you can keep from spending money on the same things twice. If you are sure you eventually want something like the awesome EVO DTD, then keep that in mind when extending your brake lines ( you will need longer than for your spacer lift), choosing wheels ( backspace of 3.5). But remember that the vast majority of the Jeepers you will run into have a blast with very cape able rigs built around 3 to 4 inch spring lifts and 33-35 inch tires.

Most of all, have FUN! And find a girl that likes to hit the trails too!

Being 18 and a senior in high school, I would honestly suggest saving your money to buy exactly what you want. After lifting my jeep 3.5" and throwing 35's on there, I'm wishing I would've saved for the lift I really want and 37's that I really want. To start, I would do mods that you won't/can't regret. Mods like lights, armor, recovery gear, cb, and on board air are great mods to have and ones that you more than likely will not regret as long as you do your research and find the product that fits you best. Ive regretted my lift, tire size, 2 tire carriers, and now my sliders but it's all part of the learning process. Make sure you take your time and don't rush into any decisions because it'll end up costing you big time
8u2e7ube.jpg
here is a shot of what I've been able to accomplish in a little over 6 months.

Top Bottom