Torn!

Prime

Need help been mulling this for over a week I looked at you tube videos and really nothing I can find to help me. What I'm torn about is what programmer to get it's down to diablo T1000. or the superchips trail dash. If any one has either I have some questions that I can find... 1. Can you change tunes on the fly? 2. What do you like about the programmer you have? They both have pretty much the same thing from what I can see. But I would like some people that have them tell me what they think.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run the Superchips Trail Dash in the past and was very happy with it. I liked the fact that it can be installed with a factory like housing and the controls it offers is way cool. I never tried changing it's tune on the fly but would imagine that it cannot be done.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Is the trail dash worth while if I have a manual transmission in my '12? I know a lot of people say you don't notice a whole lot of difference unless you have an automatic. I already have a Procal, so I'm not too worried about calibrating the speedo.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is the trail dash worth while if I have a manual transmission in my '12? I know a lot of people say you don't notice a whole lot of difference unless you have an automatic. I already have a Procal, so I'm not too worried about calibrating the speedo.

Honestly, maybe not. I tried running mine on my 07 back when it was still a manual and didn't see any real performance gains - maybe it's different on a 12-up. The features are still cool but that might not be enough to warrant one. On an auto, you can definitely feel a difference.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Honestly, maybe not. I tried running mine on my 07 back when it was still a manual and didn't see any real performance gains - maybe it's different on a 12-up. The features are still cool but that might not be enough to warrant one. On an auto, you can definitely feel a difference.

That's what I assumed. Figured the speedo calibration and digital gauge display were the only features I could take advantage of. I'll spend my $400+ on a different mod, like putting it towards that Reel front driveshaft I need to buy! :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I assumed. Figured the speedo calibration and digital gauge display were the only features I could take advantage of. I'll spend my $400+ on a different mod, like putting it towards that Reel front driveshaft I need to buy! :)

Being that most of us aren't made of money, that's would be the smarter thing to do - at least in my opinion anyway :D

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just updated the flashpaq I got and did the 87 tune on my 2011 auto and I noticed the throttle response was ten times better. I still need to read the book and get some better background on what tunes works best and what's the best way to see some performance from it but help my mpgs a little bit lol

Sent from my iPhone

Prime

flashpaq

I have the flashpaq for my four door but not really sure if I like it or not it will not set the tire pressure like it suppose to, and when I change the four door to stock and use it on my two door or vise verse it really messes with the computer to the point I have to diconnected the battery, the flashpaq is up to date but still not sure if I want to keep it. I was hoping the trail dash would be different.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have the flashpaq for my four door but not really sure if I like it or not it will not set the tire pressure like it suppose to, and when I change the four door to stock and use it on my two door or vise verse it really messes with the computer to the point I have to diconnected the battery, the flashpaq is up to date but still not sure if I want to keep it. I was hoping the trail dash would be different.

To set it to zero you have to use the tpms off road function. This will allow you to turn it off otherwise you can only go as low as 22psi

Sent from my iPhone

2trackin

I'll throw in a vote for the traildash. The add on features of the eas system are really cool allowing you to control accessories like lights, pumps, etc with the touch screen unit. I will be adding this system to mine soon. Definitely a good alternative to the sPod in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ldogg

To change the tune you need to turn the jeep off. Some settings like the tune, tire size and tpms pressure are set with the vehicle in the on position but not running. You can change the gauges and layout and the swaybar and lockers on the fly. I love mine with the dashpod. It's very useful for sure. If you don't want the dash pod then you can get a ram mount suction cup and an x grip for a larger cell phone or gps and it will hold it to. It also comes with a suction cup mount.

Top Bottom