16" on jk

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned yes they do fit. Some basic sport models actually come with 16's. I currently run 16's on my jeep

Sent from my iPhone

StrizzyChris

What's the differences in the rim?
Why is better?

Tire selection with a 17" is much larger, and due to the larger inner wheel diameter it will also allow you to clear and run a big brake system or offset 1ton tie rods later if you were to decide to. There's nothing better per say about the wheel its self just options in your other mods that are directly impacted by the wheel size.

Brankz

Tire selection with a 17" is much larger, and due to the larger inner wheel diameter it will also allow you to clear and run a big brake system or offset 1ton tie rods later if you were to decide to. There's nothing better per say about the wheel its self just options in your other mods that are directly impacted by the wheel size.

Thanks.......!

suicideking

Agreed. 17" is a much better wheel size especially when it comes to tire options. There are more options with a 15" but, I wouldn't recommend it on a JK.

Yup, my first set of aftermarket wheels were 16". You will want 4.5" backspacing if you go this route.

As mentioned, there isn't a large selection of tires. 16" will be fine if you want 33's, but not 35's or larger. When I moved up to 35's, there weren't any tires I liked in 16" so switched to 15" to save money on tires. Tires for a 15" are around $100 less per tire compared to 17". So if you get 5, you're saving $500. This is fine if you don't want to go larger than 35". 15's need to be 3.75" backspacing (will stick out more).

If you will eventually want 37's, start with 17" wheels. I will be getting 37's soon and will be switching wheels a third time. Luckily this time a friend gave me his old 17" wheels.

OBgrnRUBI

16's will def work, I have 15's with 35s, I will be moving up to 17's with. 37s down the road, I had to put spacers on my jeep to make clearance for upgraded tie rod ends and such if not they rubbed. You have to account for if you plan on beefing up parts down the road, happily mine came with the 15s on it so im not at a loss with new rims to much

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

kg4kpg

They do...but hard to find a good variety of tires for them :twocents:

Don't I know it! My 08 X stock rims were 16 and I stumbled on a good deal thanks to my SIL for some new rims that were 16's. I didn't realize the tire selection would be as limited as it is. I'll upgrade to 17's probably when I can afford a complete wheel/tire package. My 25th anniversary is coming up, no better gift than the gift of Jeep. :thumb:

Last edited:
Top Bottom