Need a new soft top

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Just busted my rear window zipper, no big deal I was wanting a new top anyway.
Looking to get a frameless Trektop Nx or Rampage frameless top. Any pros or cons on either one? Or should I go back with a factory replacement top? I prefer to have one fill the floor with water everytime it rains.
By the way it's going on a 08 two door.

O|||||||O
JK

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While it may not be perfect, I really love the Trektop NX as it really is about as close as you can get to factory, has factory like door surrounds, has a cable top that opens up just like a Sunrider and can be made into a Safari top with ease.

Meade93

Trek top for sure. It is probably my second favorite upgrade right behind truk-lites. Only thing I would do it get the mopar tailgate bar. It is way easier to use than the trek top one. :thumb:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Trek top for sure it is probably my second favorite upgrade right behind truk-lites. Only thing I would do it get the mopar tailgate bar it is way easier to use than the trek top one. :thumb:

This ^^^! I too have been using my factory soft top bar and it works much better. If you don't have one, I would recommend that you get one with the top.

bornjeep

The trek top is awesome, just ain't fun putting the windows on when there is no sun out lol

$15 worth of cheap clip on lamp and heat lamp will solve that in the house. Or it always does for me ;)

I lay the pieces on the floor and clip the lamp on a stand up lamp in my living room about 4' off the ground. It heats those pieces up in about 10 mins and they go right on. I actually think it works better than sunlight :)

Rolando

I understand that a lot of folks here have the Bestop, but it is hard to find information/reviews of the Rampage top, which I find more desirable because it has less stuff (not frame that rattles and drives me crazy with the standard soft top). Especially the fact that it does not have the Sunrider feature, but you simply remove the top as you did in the pre-TJ times, is a plus in my book, and I hear people on other forums recommending the Rampage for TJs.

Is there really no one here who has the new Rampage for the JK and can share his experiences with it?

Christarp

I don't think out of all my time lurking here I've seen someone with the rampage top, but I may be (or most likely am) wrong. Curious as to why you view the lack of the sunrider option as a plus though :thinking:

Rolando

I don't think out of all my time lurking here I've seen someone with the rampage top, but I may be (or most likely am) wrong. Curious as to why you view the lack of the sunrider option as a plus though :thinking:

Well, first of all I seldom use it, but rather fold down the whole top. In addition to that I remember having my fingers in areas where they they should not been when folding back (ouch), and the fabric gets stuck in the frame rails when the top is folded back and you have to fiddle with it before it lays down nicely. Oh, and the whole top is heavy.

What I liked with my old YJ way back when was that you just pulled off the fabric and that was it. Simpler is better.

sean.m.adams33

I understand that a lot of folks here have the Bestop, but it is hard to find information/reviews of the Rampage top, which I find more desirable because it has less stuff (not frame that rattles and drives me crazy with the standard soft top). Especially the fact that it does not have the Sunrider feature, but you simply remove the top as you did in the pre-TJ times, is a plus in my book, and I hear people on other forums recommending the Rampage for TJs.

Is there really no one here who has the new Rampage for the JK and can share his experiences with it?

It sounds like you already know you want this top man.
4wheelparts has it in their advertisement this weekend.

Rolando

I will check the offer. And yes, you're right, it seems to meet my needs, but before I spent the money I want to read some experiences. Maybe it is poor quality, or loud , or whatever, which will make me regret that I bought it. I understand that people like the Trektop, and it is build well ... In the end there is a reason why they sell. I was just wondering if someone has real life experience with the Rampage.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I'm most likely going with the Trek Nx. But I'm going to wait and see if anyone has any Rampage pros or cons.

O|||||||O
JK

Top Bottom