Next Best Upgrade

xkid

Hey Guy's, Just thinking what my next best upgrade could be. I would like the showy suff sure {bumpers etc.],but I want to know what would be a good idea for strengthening the Jeep underneath. I have a 2.5 inch lift by way of Rubicon Express Springs and Fox 2.0 shocks.35inch BFG ATs. Feels good.I found out I needed a rear track bar when my I noticed one rear tire was sticking out one side farther than the other. Got a JKS adjustable rear track bar. Doing it's job.Happy, Happy. Is there something else I SHOULD upgrade to advert future problems? I don't want to go on a road trip and have to worry about a week link. Here is a new updated pic from the weekend.Finally getting the soft top out of the rear.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
jeep looks nice! skids for underneath are a good choice, not sure what year your rig is or auto or manual. but the 2012 and up really need a oil pan and tranny line protection. then maybe a bumper and winch.

HILLZ

do a fender flare chop, its free and will completely change the look of your Jeep. i'm doing mine this weekend. :rock:

bman198

I agree with HILLZ, cutting the factory flares looks really nice I did it to mine ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397609985.549678.jpg

If your looking for bumpers or the cosmetic stuff I would recommend the ACE Pro Series Rear bumper with tire carrier. Looks great and gives you some extra protection in the rear.

suicideking

I'd do the skids next. That's what I did after lift and wheels. Then diff covers. Figure the skids are realatively inexpensive compared to the stuff they're protecting. I have the Evo Protek 3 piece, diff covers, lca skids f/r.

HILLZ

I agree with HILLZ, cutting the factory flares looks really nice I did it to mine View attachment 78950

If your looking for bumpers or the cosmetic stuff I would recommend the ACE Pro Series Rear bumper with tire carrier. Looks great and gives you some extra protection in the rear.

Nice looking chop BMAN, similar to what i'm looking at doing. gonna keep the front of the front flares pretty near stock as i have a full width bumper, basically just gonna take the vertical edge off mine and relocate the side marker.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hey Guy's, Just thinking what my next best upgrade could be. I would like the showy suff sure {bumpers etc.],but I want to know what would be a good idea for strengthening the Jeep underneath. I have a 2.5 inch lift by way of Rubicon Express Springs and Fox 2.0 shocks.35inch BFG ATs. Feels good.I found out I needed a rear track bar when my I noticed one rear tire was sticking out one side farther than the other. Got a JKS adjustable rear track bar. Doing it's job.Happy, Happy. Is there something else I SHOULD upgrade to advert future problems? I don't want to go on a road trip and have to worry about a week link. Here is a new updated pic from the weekend.Finally getting the soft top out of the rear.

I would go with an EVO protek set of skids...gotta protect what you have!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
At least, what isn't protected from the factory like it should have been :yup:

That tranny line is extremely vulnerable...I'd argue that it's the most important first mod....a stock jeep is plenty capable, but that line is super weak....followed by better headlights....a built rig is worthless if you can't see where you're going. :D

pvanweelden

I would probably first- tuck that hardtop wiring into the carpet in the rear so it isn't standing straight up like that. :D

then order the skids, and chop the fenders :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would probably first- tuck that hardtop wiring into the carpet in the rear so it isn't standing straight up like that. :D

:cheesy: Do you purposefully go looking for things like that or did you just happen to notice it :crazyeyes: :D

Panda

Yep definitely get the pro tech skids for a 13 well worth it, ask me how I know.. Then get a device that doesn't drag us to photobuckett lol :thumb:

xkid

Great stuff. Thanks guys. Unfortunately the hard top went back on. 1397681885295.jpg
That's how the pic's work. Cool app.
Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom