Weather strip?

Twiztid11

So I know Im driving a jeep and its not the quietest ride. However, recently I have been hearing like a wind tunnel sound coming from where the soft top ends and the windshield begins. I made sure everything was locked in tight and it was. I looked at the outside and notice the weather stripping was sticking out from where the soft top ends. I tried to adjust it to make it all tucked in but no luck. Is anyone else having this problem? This is what it looks like..

Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 5.51.52 PM.png

Twiztid11

Oh ok? Lol who you talking too?take the soft top out and put it back in, maybe that's helps

Lol myself I got bored. But yeah I tried that. I'm just wondering if it's suppose to be sticking out like that? Lol

2014 JKU, manual, stock....for now.
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brankz

Lol myself I got bored. But yeah I tried that. I'm just wondering if it's suppose to be sticking out like that? Lol

No, but it's better than mine!mine doesn't close all the way in the driver side and I get this horrible wind noise, good thing that I'm saving my penny's for a nx trek top :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I have not seen that before. The opposite where there's too much of a gap but not where it's bulging out like that. I wonder if you can't adjust it because it's been sitting like that for too long and is warp now. Might want to try and run topless in the sun for a bit to relax it and then try it again.

Twiztid11

Well I'm glad it's not that bad! Haha

Sorry, I have not seen that before. The opposite where there's too much of a gap but not where it's bulging out like that. I wonder if you can't adjust it because it's been sitting like that for too long and is warp now. Might want to try and run topless in the sun for a bit to relax it and then try it again.

Hmm weird. I'll try to run topless and see if It helps, but can't right now because Maryland weather is ridiculous goes from 80 degrees on day and then next it's snowing. When I get the chance I'll try to have someone hold the strip down and try to place the top on top of it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I'm glad it's not that bad! Haha

Hmm weird. I'll try to run topless and see if It helps, but can't right now because Maryland weather is ridiculous goes from 80 degrees on day and then next it's snowing. When I get the chance I'll try to have someone hold the strip down and try to place the top on top of it.

Well, even if you could just open up your top while it's sunny out or, take a blow drier to it, that might help relax the rubber. Once you can get it installed right, I'd bet your sound will be greatly diminished and will eventually become the default position.

Twiztid11

Well, even if you could just open up your top while it's sunny out or, take a blow drier to it, that might help relax the rubber. Once you can get it installed right, I'd bet your sound will be greatly diminished and will eventually become the default position.

The jeep is only a month old and it was so quiet thats why this little wind noise is noticeable. That's a good idea I didn't think of using a hair dryer. I'll do that when I get off this afternoon and give an update.

Thanks!

Twiztid11

So I got home yesterday, brought out the hair dryer and heated the strip up while pushing it down and now it's a nice quiet ride again. Thank you almighty Jeep Guru! Lol

Top Bottom