Atlas transfer case questions

Went on the bald mountain run yesterday and MumboJumbo did pretty well, but I found myself either riding the clutch or crawling too fast when not on the clutch. Made me start to consider swapping in a new Atlas T-Case in the near future to slow my crawl speed down a bit. So, the question is: which 4speed t-case should I order and how much modifying is required to run it?

If can find a Rubicon T-case that's what I would do in your situation, it's a cheaper option than the atlas but still really solid with the 4:1 ratio

Heholua

I may have to give him a call. That one looks to only be a 2 speed, and I'm afraid I'll kick myself in the ass later on if I don't get the 4 speed.

Do you think you will use all the speeds in the 4 speed? If you do, then the price difference is worth it. If not, then save yourself $1000 with the 2 speed. Just my:twocents:.

Rubi T-cases are not gear drives? What you talkin' about Willis?

I know very little about transfer cases, even less about the rubi cases. I assumed it was the same as mine with different gears. But I do know Atlas cases are well known and well used, Rubicat has one I believe.

Do you think you will use all the speeds in the 4 speed? If you do, then the price difference is worth it. If not, then save yourself $1000 with the 2 speed. Just my:twocents:.

That's a good question that I honestly don't have an answer for. I've never been in a vehicle with more than a 2 speed so I don't know the pros or cons of it. My goal probably isn't much different than anyone else in my situation, I want to be able to come off of my clutch and have my ride barely move until I hit the gas.

Heholua

That's a good question that I honestly don't have an answer for. I've never been in a vehicle with more than a 2 speed so I don't know the pros or cons of it. My goal probably isn't much different than anyone else in my situation, I want to be able to come off of my clutch and have my ride barely move until I hit the gas.

You can get a 2 speed with a 4.3 to 1 ratio. The 4 speed can get you to a 5.44 to 1. Depends on the wheeling you do.:D

A rubi crawler is great way to go.:thumb:

I think it might only be for auto tranny though.

I think you're right, it may be for an auto only. Besides, it would also require me to buy yet ANOTHER set of drive shafts, making it the 3rd set in the last 6 months.

Heholua

I think you're right, it may be for an auto only. Besides, it would also require me to buy yet ANOTHER set of drive shafts, making it the 3rd set in the last 6 months.

Yikes!:grayno: You'd be that much closer to your transfer case. I've be looking at getting one also. You have a lot more choices given you have the manual and pre 2012 model.

Yikes!:grayno: You'd be that much closer to your transfer case. I've be looking at getting one also. You have a lot more choices given you have the manual and pre 2012 model.

True but after yesterday I'm starting to wonder what it was I wanted the manual for, lmao. When we get the Mrs hers it'll be an auto for sure.

Top Bottom