Bfh comp stringer

jeep_pride

Hey guys, I have a few questions for those of you who run this front bumper.(psc bfh comp stinger).

Have you guys experienced any sag on the front springs?
Have you lost any ride height due to the weight?
And how much height did you lose (if any)?

I'm trying to stay as high/light as possible. I want to know so I can prepare coil spacers or BL to overcome the loss in height (if any)

Thanks hope someone can answer this. Jeep on!

Last edited:

Brankz

I installed the trail stinger today! I loved it and nope I did not lost hight that I can noticed.

CaliCrusher

Call PS and find out the weight of the bumper, which is probably around 65-70lbs. Subtract approx 15 lbs from that number for the stock bumper, which will get you in the ball park of 50 lbs added weight. Then find something that's 50 lbs (dumbbell or local toddler) and set it on your bumper. Then you'll see how much sag to expect. Probably 1/4 to 1/2".

Edit: the stock is probably heavier, but you get the idea

Last edited:

jeep_pride

Call PS and find out the weight of the bumper, which is probably around 65-70lbs. Subtract approx 15 lbs from that number for the stock bumper, which will get you in the ball park of 50 lbs added weight. Then find something that's 50 lbs (dumbbell or local toddler) and set it on your bumper. Then you'll see how much sag to expect. Probably 1/4 to 1/2".

Edit: the stock is probably heavier, but you get the idea

The shipping weight is 50Ibs. I'm not sure how much the stock bumper is either, I would guess somewhere in the ball park of 35-40Ibs? The difference should be 10Ibs or somewhere in that range. Every inch or half an inch counts. I would defiantly try adding the weight but I turned my bumper into a stubby so the weight could be a few pounds off. I may still try it to get an idea. Although It would be great to here a personal experience :/

Heholua

Just a word of caution on this bumper, you know that you have to cut off a structural piece of the frame to install it?

StrizzyChris

I like their trail stinger but my personal opinion....and you know what they say about opinions....is that the comp stinger looks super goofy like the nose on Sarah Jessica Parker

2trackin

I have the trail stinger version. I like it, didn't notice any sag. Wasn't the biggest fan of cutting up my 2014 with only 400 miles on it. Did the rear as well.
But it looks good.
Here's a few shots. Running 3" Evo plush ride coils and Fox reservoir shocks.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1398421692901.jpg
    1398421692901.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 1398421709817.jpg
    1398421709817.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 1398421718367.jpg
    1398421718367.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 102

jeep_pride

I like their trail stinger but my personal opinion....and you know what they say about opinions....is that the comp stinger looks super goofy like the nose on Sarah Jessica Parker

Lol that's funny. I have a different opinion, I like it. I've always liked the stinger look though. It's all preference.

jeep_pride

I have the trail stinger version. I like it, didn't notice any sag. Wasn't the biggest fan of cutting up my 2014 with only 400 miles on it. Did the rear as well.
But it looks good.
Here's a few shots. Running 3" Evo plush ride coils and Fox reservoir shocks.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice rig! Looks great. Thanks for you your input

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just a word of caution on this bumper, you know that you have to cut off a structural piece of the frame to install it?

Yep, and to be specific, the welded ends of the frame rails, a point designed to absorb impact and are used to attach tow points to. Not something I would prefer to cut off and replace with a bolt-on bumper but, that's just me.

:cheesy: Now that you put it that way - I'd have to agree :D

But, to answer the OP's question, you shouldn't see much if any sag.

Top Bottom