Dusy Ershim trail

alpa

Hi everyone,
We are going to start the Dusy tomorrow (my girl and I), so I would like to ask here on forum if we'll be ok to do it alone? Anyone with trail experience has any suggestions where to be really careful if going alone. Any advice will help. Thank you

KernHydro

Don't go alone if you can help it, this trail is remote and fairly difficult. People break down on it..you don't want to get in a situation out there alone.

alpa

Don't go alone if you can help it, this trail is remote and fairly difficult. People break down on it..you don't want to get in a situation out there alone.

We drove here all the way from Florida and suppose to meet with a friend and do it together, but do to unexpected sickness in family he can't go. This trail is on our bucket list and I want to do it this year, so maybe right question would be "is anyone here who would like to join us and do the Dusy together?" We are curently in Fresno,CA and we can delay our departure for few days if necesery.
Alex

Serg5000

If you are going to do this trip alone, I would suggest a sat phone I case.
It's. Very remote and a sat phone could be your only saving grace. I tell you what. If I had a sat phone, I would do it alone.

KernHydro

Don't do this trail alone. If you can't find someone to go with then check out some of the many other trails in that area.

Serg5000

KernHydro said:
Don't do this trail alone. If you can't find someone to go with then check out some of the many other trails in that area.

This may be the best advice. Maybe look into other trails as mentioned.

alpa

If you are going to do this trip alone, I would suggest a sat phone I case.
It's. Very remote and a sat phone could be your only saving grace. I tell you what. If I had a sat phone, I would do it alone.

No sat phone. In worst case if something happened right in the middle I'll have to hike out 15miles either way to get help right?

alpa

I know it's very remote and difficult. So I'll take it easy and slow. We;ve a lot of food and water in case. Last year we did the Rubicon trail alone so I'll try it. Anyway thx for advice.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
while you'll most likely be able to do this without any problems, i do think you are an idiot for being so insistant in doing it solo. of course, that's just my opinion.

WOH111

Why ask for advises and then ignore everybody. If I had that many warnings from people that had been there and done that, I would listen.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
wayoflife said:
while you'll most likely be able to do this without any problems, i do think you are an idiot for being so insistant in doing it solo. of course, that's just my opinion.

X2 Don't ask for advice or guidance then blow it all off.

alpa

We are out ok. We did it in 2 days with no brake downs. It was most difficult trail we did so far especially 2nd day because it was raining.
PS:we met group of great people from Seattle,Washington on the trail, so we were not completely alone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom