Jeep pulls to the left & Steering Stabilizer Question

mackey

I recently installed EVO's drag link flip kit and Currie's HD tie rod. After the install. I checked the toe, straightened the steering wheel and made sure the axle was in the middle. I was unable to attach the steering stabilizer to the tie rod because I was missing a bolt. I drove home without the SS and the Jeep drove perfectly straight. After getting the bolt needed and attaching the SS to the tie rod, my Jeep now pulls to the left. What did I do wrong? Do I need to get the Jeep aligned? Would the SS affect this or could it be something else? Help :eek:) Thank you

LoPo

Caught the Bug
What's the solution? I have the Fox as well and it pulls left. Eddie, do you have a recommended SS?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What's the solution? I have the Fox as well and it pulls left. Eddie, do you have a recommended SS?

don't know if there's a good solution. you can try to run a lower psi but then, that kind of defeats the purpose of having an ss like this. i personally like the 2010-up factory ss and feel they work better than anything else out there.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
don't know if there's a good solution. you can try to run a lower psi but then, that kind of defeats the purpose of having an ss like this. i personally like the 2010-up factory ss and feel they work better than anything else out there.

I want to eventually go to a hydro assist of some sort, but if buying a $55 OEM part will help solve my current annoyance for the interim, I just might to do that. :)

ichthus

There is also a company now offering a dual Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer kit. Should keep things nice and balanced

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There is also a company now offering a dual Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer kit. Should keep things nice and balanced

honestly, i don't know why something like that would even be needed. if you have your front end dialed in right, you technically don't even need a steering stabilizer. sure, it's nice to have but, the factory stablizer does the job just fine even with a big set of 37's.

i could think of a lot of other things i'd rather spend $288 on but, that's just me.

Top Bottom