Quality of different manufacturers

JJJeeper

I have only used a Sky jacker spacer lift on my old jk. I have a jku now and am wondering if it worth the money to get a more expensive lift. My jeep is my daily driver, and I don't do extreme trails. I have also been looking into metal cloak products. Any feed back would be great! Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
if your jeep is a dd, and do light trails, i see no need to dump a ton on money on stuff you don't need. i'd look for a kit that has what you need and quality parts. what size of tires are you planning on getting? i'd lift around tire size.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
A friend of mind can't say enough great things about his 3" OME lift. He also has front lower Metalcloak control arms.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. I think the first question you need to ask yourself is how big of a tire are you hoping to run and then go from there. No need to be throwing money at things you really don't need and try not to get seduced to spend it anyway by companies that are good at marketing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A friend of mind can't say enough great things about his 3" OME lift. He also has front lower Metalcloak control arms.

Don't get me wrong but, has he ever run any other 3" lift kits or other adjustable control arms?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
next question after decided tire size, would be are you going to run flat fenders or factory un cut ones? bumper, winch, rear bumper, armor? some people call it "sag" , but it's natural for any spring to compress with weight added. budget?

JJJeeper

35's with chopped factory fenders. I would like to put a wench on in the future with bumpers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
35's with chopped factory fenders. I would like to put a wench on in the future with bumpers

How tall is your current spacer lift? Assuming it's about 2", with chopped fenders, you should be able to run 35's now. For how you plan on using your Jeep, there's really no need to spend money on things you don't really need.

JJJeeper

Is there one manufacturer that is better than another with the spacer lift?

Jay_r24

I'm running a 2.5" teraflex budget boost with 35" tires and stock fenders. I will trim the stock fenders soon though. I don't have one negative thing to say about the Teraflex BB especially for the price I Paid for it. I'm sure there are better quality 2.5" lifts but depends on how much your willing to spend. I agree with everyone don't spend money on unnecessary items if you are not doing any extreme wheeling. Just my opinion!

Sent from Junior's Iphone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

It's hard to go wrong with any spacer lift made by any manufacturer. I mean, they're just spacers. At most, you can get better shocks or add an adjustable front track bar or even different sway bar links but unless you are just wanting to spend some money, you should be fine with what you got.

Top Bottom