Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper

Brent W

I ordered a Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper for my 2012 JK this March and still no sign of it shipping. The times I have been given for a shipping date seem to be changing weekly at this point. I feel sorry for the crew at Northridge who I ordered it from. the Northridge crew have been great however I have to say the customer support from Smittybilt sucks. At this point I am considering canceling my order and going with the AEV rear bumper.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
i don't think your the first to have a big delay on that bumper. not really northridge fault, they probably dropped shipped it and the manufacture is slow. your time and money, guess depends on how bad you want that particular bumper. good luck.

Brent W

Northridge has been great no complaints there. The issues are on the Smittybilt side. I have the impression from several these kind of issues are common at Smittybilt. O well guess I continue to wait lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't get me wrong but was the Smittybilt bumper really your first choice? To be honest, I didn't even know Northridge now sold 4WheelParts made bumpers. Are there any other bumpers you would have considered?

TheDuff

I'm not personally a smittybilt fan and won't try to hide it. I think their stuff is inferior to what is manufactured here and honestly don't see any savings when the product doesn't last due to poor powder coat, crap steel, and horrible welds. On the flip side, aev is good quality, but very over priced. There are several other bumper/carrier combos that offer the same or more in features in the price range that you are looking in. Poison spyder, rock hard, knuckles, just to name a couple.
On a side note, if waiting this long just to get the bumper from shittybuilt is any indication of what to expect if you have an issue with the thing or its missing parts on arrival... I would start looking at other options. :beer:

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brent W

If they dont ship this week I am going to look at other options. I chose this bumper due to some of the features it has and also the fact it is made here in the States. (the only one by smittybilt all their others are made overseas) I am currently looking at several other options. I like the AEV but it is expensive, the Metalcloak rear bumper/tire carrier is another top choice. I also like the Genright tire carrier its a little different approach to a carrier than the usual bumper integrated system but I see a definite advantage to the Genright system. Not sure yet a lot to consider.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure it is "made" in the USA and not just "assembled" as so many 4WheelParts products tend to be? I know it can be confusing being that they do a great job of marketing things that way.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
just saw on quadratec to expect them by end of june due to overwhelming demand, you may have to wait longer my friend

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
just saw on quadratec to expect them by end of june due to overwhelming demand, you may have to wait longer my friend

It's coming over on the slow boat. I'm sure once they have a couple storage containers in there will not be a back order

fadeout

I was missing a part from my shitbilt bumper a few years back and that missing part took over 2 months to get to me and SURPRISE it fit like absolute crap. Ditched that bumper and will never buy anything from them again. You shouldn't have to fix new products so that they work properly not halfassed out of the box. I've also seen numerous products of theirs rust very badly within a year, it's your money but I wouldn't waste it on this stuff.

Brent W

Well the Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper finally showed up last week and has been installed. It installed easily and looks great however the powder coat finish is not very good. I don't have pics yet but will try to post some tomorrow. After waiting 2 months I would think they could have spent a little more time prepping the assembly for the powder coat process. It is visually apparent they did not prep the metal thoroughly in a few areas before applying the finish. I have to say overall I am happy with my choice. (It is a heavy bumper/tire carrier 230lb.) So if you are thinking of one of these they are heavy.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well the Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper finally showed up last week and has been installed. It installed easily and looks great however the powder coat finish is not very good. I don't have pics yet but will try to post some tomorrow. After waiting 2 months I would think they could have spent a little more time prepping the assembly for the powder coat process. It is visually apparent they did not prep the metal thoroughly in a few areas before applying the finish. I have to say overall I am happy with my choice. (It is a heavy bumper/tire carrier 230lb.) So if you are thinking of one of these they are heavy.

Not to be a dick but are you really happy that you waited two months for a shitty product or are you happy because you spent $1000 on a shitty product and need to justify? Judging by what you have posted earlier in this thread I would say your not that happy with your purchase.

DA RUNT

Not to be a dick but are you really happy that you waited two months for a shitty product or are you happy because you spent $1000 on a shitty product and need to justify? Judging by what you have posted earlier in this thread I would say your not that happy with your purchase.

lol Overlander, you kill me with your honesty :cheesy:

Brent W

LOL Overlander, I do like the bumper however I will never order another product from S#ittybilt. The overall construction of the bumper is good just the finish that isn't that great. The average eye would never catch the imperfections, however with a past in powder coating they stick out like a soar thumb to me. I had actually called Northridge and changed my order but when they called Smittybilt to cancel smittybilt said they couldn't because it already shipped. I'll post a few pics tonight.

Top Bottom