Blazing Saddles Turns 40!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to imagine that Blazing Saddles came out 40 years ago but in so many ways, it's amazing that it came out at all. As Mel Brooks himself has said in a recent interview with Yahoo Movies...

"They can't make that movie today because everybody's so politically correct. You know, the NAACP would stop a great movie that would do such a great service to black people because of the N-word," says Brooks. "You've got to really examine these things and see what's right and what's wrong. Politically correct is absolutely wrong. Because it inhibits the freedom of thought. I'm so lucky that they weren't so strong then and that the people that let things happen on the screen weren't so powerful then. I was very lucky."

In so many ways, it's really no wonder why there are so many grown men out there who behave like sensitive little school girls eager to get their panties in a wad over a whole lot of nothing. Today's political correctness cultivates them into the pussys that they are.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box and post up the following classic clip from this classic film...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It was way before my time but great nonetheless. I agree that to many people nowadays are bitches. People to to harden the fuck up!

Last edited:

Napalm90

I'm 23 and I have watched this movie many times, gotta be one of my favorites.

Sent via carrier pigeon

robx251

Caught the Bug
While being a spry young 29, I do love this film.

I do agree that political correctness has effectively neutered our society and made us on the whole a bunch of sissies and people who get upset about nothing. Words are just that, words. Don't like 'em don't listen or don't read 'em. But do not stop people from saying what they want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

GCM 2

Best one liners from a movie, EVER! If you are offended by anything in this classic, you can't see the forest through the trees.

newtdog

Awesome movie. I can't believe my dad let me watch that movie when I was young....but I'm glad he did!!!!

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU🇺🇸

JayKay

Caught the Bug
My favorite line..."didn't I tell you to wash up after a good cross burnin' (flips hand over), see it's coming off"

Top Bottom