Flex ramp

07rub

As anyone ever build a flex ramp, i want to build one but i have no clue on the spec, angle and such

thanks in advance

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
most RTI ramps are built at a 20° slope but, you can also do 30° if you're short on room.

jktubby

im just asking cuz he said if i was short on room

lol i am think he meant space in your garage or were ever your going to put it. So if you have a small section to put it in do 30 degree if you have more room then do 20 degree. hope that cleard up a few things. :thumb:

Prime8

If you want the ramp to achieve a certain height, say 4 feet, it will take a longer ramp to achieve 4' at 20 degrees than at 30 degrees. 30 degrees is steeper, therefore it reaches your desired height faster.

Indefatigable

I actually have one in my yard.

An RTI ramp actually. Ramp Travel Index as they used to be known.

About a decade to 15 years ago they were all the rage as vehicles developed longer travel and softer riding suspension. Spring over conversions and long travel coils. Great for tweaking suspension bits.

It keeps the over sized trees in my yard company.

The one I have is massive. We built it to withstand F350 crew cab and such vehicles. The drive up deck is 13' long and about 20" wide. expanded metal over frame. The wedge is a pivot point so that we can have it at 20 or 30 degrees. The supports are sleeved and have different pin holes so that when we raise it up, we re-pin at the greater angle.

Its fricken heavy to move. We keep tossing around ideas to make it into a trailer.

But as vehicles kept getting better and better, longer and longer travel suspension and wider and wider track widths. 13' is not all that big anymore.

So, what do you really want to know? :)

kyro

me and another club member built our club ramp it is a 2 piece for easy moving around in a 6x4 trailer

attachment.php

198237_431768223523753_1587922660_n.jpg

20120805_130616.jpg

it is a 23 degree

20120805_130831.jpg

Trail_Creeper

I looked at building one a while back but unless you have a large club or group you wheel with often I don't see a point in building one. That's what I came up with though, and the off road community in the FL panhandle is lacking to say the least.

07rub

yeah i know what u mean, i might look into just getting a big rock to put in the front yard and park the jeep on it lol :D

Top Bottom