Hi-Lift Jack Mounts...

mcgeno99

Ok.. question.

I've got a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited 4dr. I want to mount a Hi-Lift Jack on the rear of the Jeep without having to buy a different tire carrier at the moment. I'm only going to putting 33" tires on the rig. I haven't done a lot to this yet and everything I do will be in stages, but I really want the jack (when I'm trail riding) mounted on the back. Is there a mount I can buy without having to buy a bumper as well?:grayno::grayno::grayno::grayno:

sean.m.adams33

Ok.. question.

I've got a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited 4dr. I want to mount a Hi-Lift Jack on the rear of the Jeep without having to buy a different tire carrier at the moment. I'm only going to putting 33" tires on the rig. I haven't done a lot to this yet and everything I do will be in stages, but I really want the jack (when I'm trail riding) mounted on the back. Is there a mount I can buy without having to buy a bumper as well?:grayno::grayno::grayno::grayno:

Does it have to be mounted outside? There are some options for mounting inside. I used two hi lift clamps and mounted mine in the back for a whole. Worked fine. Hit my head on it a couple times though. If you want it outside check out the rugged ridge setup. No bumper needed.

Christarp

Rugged Ridge and Rampage make a mount that attaches to the stock tailgate hinges, you might want to look into that if you want it outside. Should fit with your 33" tire. Other than that there are mounts that will fit inside the jeep (as long as you have a 48" hi lift) and attach to the rear roll bar either at the top or bottom, and there's some hood mounts if you want to go that route too.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
i've got my hi-lift, brand new in the garage - have never used it.

I have the AEV stock jack base and a bottle jack i use on the trails - i did have a piece welded to the top of the bottle jack that keeps the axle in place on the jack.

having owned hi-lifts over the years, i've never gotten over the fear of it breaking loose again or having the handle 'run away' - talk about getting knocked the $%#%& out!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i've got my hi-lift, brand new in the garage - have never used it.

I have the AEV stock jack base and a bottle jack i use on the trails - i did have a piece welded to the top of the bottle jack that keeps the axle in place on the jack.

having owned hi-lifts over the years, i've never gotten over the fear of it breaking loose again or having the handle 'run away' - talk about getting knocked the $%#%& out!!

Yep, I carry a 6-ton bottle jack and some 2x4's that I cut down to fit in my rear cubby.

CaliCrusher

Hi-lift jacks are kinda sketchy. You're most likely to use them on the trail which probably isn't going to be flat. One you jack up your Jeep at an angle with the hi-lift it gets really topsy turvy. I agree with Eddie. Buy a 4-6 ton bottle jack, (which are inexpensive and small), pack the 2x4 in the cubby (great idea btw) and call it a day.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had the rugged ridge one till my ex hit my jeep accidentally with her dads 4 wheeler....If I still had the hardware and it wasn't slightly bent, id give it to you.

Top Bottom