Monster Links on EVO long arm kit?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Does anyone have these? Its a $950 option that gives you .120 DOM on the lower arms. Pretty stout, but seems like overkill. Any feedback or personal experiences?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
sounds like some serious stuff. you have a link to them? curious on what they look like

DirtyJeeP

Does anyone have these? Its a $950 option that gives you .120 DOM on the lower arms. Pretty stout, but seems like overkill. Any feedback or personal experiences?

The name serves them right they are monsters. Unless your racing like EVO1 is I think it's overkill. But I believe EVO1 has broken them before.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

The name serves them right they are monsters. Unless your racing like EVO1 is I think it's overkill. But I believe EVO1 has broken them before.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know there was a JJ break, but don't believe an arm broke :thinking:

dahreno

Banned
.120 is less then an 1/8 ". Is that stout for a lower link you are probably going to slam on rocks ? Does any one make lower links thinner then that ? Don't jump on my case, I'm just asking.

jk12blk

.120 is less then an 1/8 ". Is that stout for a lower link you are probably going to slam on rocks ? Does any one make lower links thinner then that ? Don't jump on my case, I'm just asking.

I'm going 2" DOM .250 for my custom long arm lowers.

.120 is thinnnnnn thats roll cage stuff to keep the weight down! i would never go less than .25" on lower arms... unless your going chromoly then you can shave off some material and keep strength

GCM 2

I know there was a JJ break, but don't believe an arm broke :thinking:
Correct. The Johnny joint broke in half.
Correct, thanks for keeping it accurate. On the EVO test mule/race car known as EVO1 the rear driver side lower control arm Johnny Joint (at the axle) did eventually break on the race car during King of the Hammers. However, the EVO Monster link control arm is more than likely in tact and either still out there on 'Aftershock' or someone added it to their collection of 'free stuff found at a race'. We believe that that lower control arm's bolt in the frame bracket sheared off dropping onto a ledge causing the entire control arm to swing down, under and behind the axle, thereby snapping the threaded end off of the Johnny Joint.

Anything is breakable; just add enough horsepower or speed or weight or the cycling of a component that moves.....or all of the above at once as in our case during a race.

Monster link lower control arm wall thickness (left) versus average mfg lower control arm wall thickness (right)

image-741688764.jpg

Last edited:

mackey

Since I am so close to pulling the trigger and finally getting my build done, I am very curious about this. What is the standard size that comes with EVO's long arm kit and is it worth it to upgrade to the "monsters". I plan on wheeling my jeep hard, but doubt it will come close to the abuse EVO1 goes through.

GCM 2

Since I am so close to pulling the trigger and finally getting my build done, I am very curious about this. What is the standard size that comes with EVO's long arm kit and is it worth it to upgrade to the "monsters". I plan on wheeling my jeep hard, but doubt it will come close to the abuse EVO1 goes through.

Just asked Mel

Standard links= .25" wall thickness
Monster link= .50" wall thickness

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

See pic posted above :yup:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the feedback. This definitely helps. My build will be utilizing Monster Links. Will place the order next week.

GCM 2

The envy links that are no longer available. Are you.....envious?
I asked Mel about the Envy links last night because of this thread. Apparently he loses money on them due to material cost and time to mill them. Eddie and I are each owners of one set of approximately 10 sets ever produced ;) Love my Envy Links!

image-3704218320.jpg

image-1001933028.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom