Northern Nevada fire season...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
There was a bonfire up that way last night. I bet some kids were partying and lost control of their fire.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Really? Could you see the bonfire from your house or are you just in the know? ;)

No, it was on the 11 pm news. They had video from Robb drive looking south. Said it was a bonfire because of the shape and fact it wasn't moving (must have been some party). They tried to get to it last night but couldn't.

Here is a current pic from my house.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400455381.233043.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
No, it was on the 11 pm news. They had video from Robb drive looking south. Said it was a bonfire because of the shape and fact it wasn't moving (must have been some party). They tried to get to it last night but couldn't.

Here is a current pic from my house.

View attachment 83814

I was in bed at 8:00 yesterday. :D

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400459520.882207.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
News is calling it the Hunter Falls Fire. Apparently started las night at about 11pm? Maybe the bonfire you were talking about?

Can't only see a bit if it from my place.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400463674.152533.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yep. This is below Hunter Lake but I've heard it is actually moving towards Boomtown, not Reno.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You can add this to the bank of useless information you never needed to know about this area. The hiking trail leading up to this spot is called the Michael Thompson Trail. Mike was a friend of mine and a year above me in high school. You've seen me talk about my rollover in a Bronco back in '88. Mike was in the Bronco with me. A few years later he was jogging in Vegas with headphones on and ran right across the street in front of a big rig. That was it for Mike.

He loved the outdoors. His dad had the money to buy and build a trail in his honor. I've never hiked it...seems kinda weird to me for some reason.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:shock: Honestly, is there anyone in this neck of the woods you don't know personally? :crazyeyes:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Honestly, is there anyone in this neck of the woods you don't know personally?

Seriously.

Sharkey knows everybody.

You can play six degrees of Sharkey anywhere in Northern Nevada. Kevin Bacon's got nothing on him.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Seriously.

Sharkey knows everybody.

You can play six degrees of Sharkey anywhere in Northern Nevada. Kevin Bacon's got nothing on him.

Lol. That's the downside of your family having five generations of roots in one area for nearly a century. I'm not joking when I say that in 43 years I cannot recall a single instance of eating in a restaurant anywhere in the state of Nevada when my dad did know someone in the joint.

Top Bottom