Why Get a ProRock 80 When You Can Get a TeraFlex 44?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I had yet another TeraFlex fanboy come on to a post we made on our WAYALIFE Facebook Page regarding our new Dynatrac ProRock 80 build video and as he eventually admits, only chimed in to troll me. Because of this, I showed him the door but when you do, the posts in question unfortunately go too. After hearing that there were a few people who wanted to see what he was saying and after finding out that he's a member of this forum, I decided to post them up for your amusement and with any luck, will get to hear from evilgenius as well :D

As Bob Wright (aka - evilgenius) will tell you, why get a ProRock 80 when you can get a TeraFlex 44? :crazyeyes:

bob-wright-01.jpg

bob-wright-02.jpg

bob-wright-03.jpg

I don't understand this whole teraflex fanboy thing. I've heard nothing bud bad things about their products and have experienced nothing but bad from the one product I bought from them. Their customer service isn't very good and it's all overpriced. $90-$100 for a set of removable mud flaps?!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, to be fair, I get that there are insecure people in this world who feel threatened by anyone who would talk negatively about a product they chose to buy. To do so is to question their better judgment or manhood or something like that. What I don't get is that guys like this will purposefully jump into a topic about Dynatrac just to say how much he likes TeraFlex and then gets butthurt when he hears me say things he doesn't like. There just is no logic or reason behind any of that and really, we're talking about an 80 here. Forget brands or where the axle is made, there just is no comparison between it and an 44.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
these fan boys confuse me :thinking: but i do get a great laugh from them when reading there posts :cheesy::yup:

kyle521

Just curious, what is the pricing on a terra 44 complete front axle. I know the northridge has deal for the pr44 for like 5k

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They're about the same price if not more.

What he said. Once you add on the features to do an apples to apples comparison, it's about the same only, you don't get the additional clearance that you get with the ProRock44. Of course, I still would prefer getting an axle from a company that specializes in making axles ONLY here in America and not get one that specializes in Chinese made lift kits. Of course, that is just me.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
If a 44 is a good 'alternative' to an 80, guess they'd put them under 1-ton diesel pickups :idontknow:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I wonder if their axles hold up as well as their tire carriers? I'm having a hard time recommending anything teraflex. Pretty much mud flaps and maybe rear bump stops.

GCM 2

R
these fan boys confuse me :thinking: but i do get a great laugh from them when reading there posts :cheesy::yup:

What should really confuse you is that not only does Teraflex produce a subpar D44 upgrade, but they also make their aftermarket Tera30, yes a heavy duty Dana 30 replacement/upgrade :thinking:

Either:

1) Teraflex polled their customer base and determined there really was a need for an almost immeasurable upgrade between a stock D30 and a stock D44 (so what's that tell you about their majority fanboy base)

....or

2) Teraflex said "hey, let's create a market segment people absolutely don't need, but once its available we can use our customer's ignorance to sell them something with designed obsolescence!"

Either choice= pure profit genius!

Last edited:
I wonder if their axles hold up as well as their tire carriers? I'm having a hard time recommending anything teraflex. Pretty much mud flaps and maybe rear bump stops.

eny7agy5.jpg

You mean these speed bumps? FYI, this is the same guy with the tire carrier break I posted in the previous thread...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What should really confuse you is that not only does Teraflex produce a subpar D44 upgrade, but they also make their aftermarket Tera30, yes a heavy duty Dana 30 replacement/upgrade :thinking:

1) either Teraflex polled their customer base and determined its what they are really in need for (so what's that tell you about their majority fanboy base)

....or

2) Teraflex said "hey, let's create a market segment people absolutely don't need, but once its available we can use our customer's ignorance to sell them something with designed obsolescence!"

What's wrong with a beefed up Dana 30? I mean, it cost a whopping $200 less than their 44 - not everyone is sponsored like you. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I wanna buy an axle from a company that specializes in making this....
main.php

DSC03709.jpg

and this...
main.php

attachment.php

and this...
attachment.php

attachment.php

and this...
attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm just sayin.... :crazyeyes:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

1) either Teraflex polled their customer base and determined its what they are really in need for (so what's that tell you about their majority fanboy base)

....or

wait so your telling me that i can upgrade to a tera30 and that will allow me to run 40's with no issues? shit why didnt chrysler put this on the jeep in the first place!?!?! :cheesy:

Top Bottom