LOD rear bumper wiggle/squeek

TNuggs13

For those of you that have the LOD what did you use to limit the squeak and wiggle of the carrier? Are there stops that are longer I could get? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400783861.529302.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400783801.702562.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400783801.702562.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 178

rdreng

My LOD bumper came with 2 metal brackets that bolted to the tire carrier and these brackets put pressure on the stock rubber tire bumpers. I do not see those in your picture. Also, there is an LOD supplied adjustable rubber bumper that attaches to the tail gate where the old tire carrier use to be. It looks like you have the LOD supplied bracket but not the adjustable rubber bumper that mounts to that bracket?

rdreng

Here is a "not to clear" picture of the brackets that were supplied with my LOD bumper. LOD1.jpg

You can see the places where LOD tries to stabilize the tire carrier. Hope this helps.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
For those of you that have the LOD what did you use to limit the squeak and wiggle of the carrier? Are there stops that are longer I could get? View attachment 84426

It looks like you are missing the bumper that connects the swing to the gate.

I can't find a picture but maybe Moochie or someone else can take one of the piece. It should be a little metal piece that screws in and out.

Edit looks like it was posted above.

TNuggs13

They should have came with your bumper, give lod a call and see if they'll send you some.

This is how I bought the Jeep. Got it last November and it didn't seem like it was suppose to be that way. I'll give LoD a call and see if they could help me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely give LoD a call. Ask for Chris and tell him that Eddie told you to call. He'll help you out and yeah, you need the adjustable rubber isolators to help prevent rattle.

EDIT: Looks like you might have a Gen 2 frame which as the uprights parallel and not angled. They will need to know this.

TNuggs13

Definitely give LoD a call. Ask for Chris and tell him that Eddie told you to call. He'll help you out and yeah, you need the adjustable rubber isolators to help prevent rattle.

EDIT: Looks like you might have a Gen 2 frame which as the uprights parallel and not angled. They will need to know this.

Awesome thanks so much Eddie! My Jeep is a '10 so I'm guessing it was installed then by ORE. Any idea what it might cost me to get them?

TNuggs13

Called Chris and got these ordered. Thanks for your help Eddie! Seemed like a really great guy! 👍

Top Bottom