PDA

View Full Version : Morris4x4 Plagiarizing WAYALIFE (Apology Made)

CaliCrusher
06-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Maybe this is old news but I didn't find a thread on it. And maybe these guys have permission to use Project-JK material. But I just read the write up for the transmission fluid change and noticed through google that Morris 4x4 has the identical write up, pics and all. There is credit for the photos at the bottom, but the whole "write up" is almost identical. If there is an agreement I apologize, but clearly not enough credit is given. And certainly Kevin Phillips and Morris 4x4 shouldn't take ANY credit for this.
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/blog/?p=1648

Admin Note: Morris has owned up and apologized. You can see their letter here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?18244-Morris4x4-Plagiarizing-WAYALIFE-Apology-Made&p=334882&viewfull=1#post334882

sean.m.adams33
06-14-2014, 07:28 PM
:thinking::idontknow:
Hmmmmmm.... I am sure there is a good explanation here....

CaliCrusher
06-14-2014, 07:32 PM
"With a step by step guide provided by the Jeep experts here at Morris 4×4 Center"

I doubt it.

wayoflife
06-14-2014, 08:35 PM
First I've heard about it. Looks like they totally ripped me off and now lying about it :naw:

gtony12
06-14-2014, 08:48 PM
First I've heard about it. Looks like they totally ripped me off and now lying about it :naw:

Wow. Sorry Eddie this is twice now. I will not ever buy from them again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JamesWyatt
06-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Invariably you'll hear, "Oh, our designer did that, and we didn't know." followed by varying degrees of owning up. Back up in time and the real story: the designer's telling them they just can't steal content, and they say, "You're being ridiculous, just post it up. I don't pay you to think."

trailless
06-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Sorry about this. I guess I'll continue shopping else where.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

sean.m.adams33
06-14-2014, 10:30 PM

But wait.... You mean you don't have a good reputation with the company like he says in the comment?!😳

Sharkey
06-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Lol. My reply is "awaiting moderation".

olram30
06-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Lmao @ youra douche! :D

MR.Ty
06-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Lol. My reply is "awaiting moderation".

Lmao. I hope this gets posted on their site.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Canvas JK
06-14-2014, 11:41 PM
They did give credit for the photos to Project-JK.

I ordered something from them once but had to get a replacement part and they gave me the run around. Looks like I will take my business elsewhere.

R/
Will

SaddleTramp
06-15-2014, 06:50 AM
Might as well add this one to the list too:

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/blog/?p=1865

terrabit
06-24-2014, 01:37 AM
Wow, what a bunch of amateurs. I'd see what kind of legal recourse you might have. At the very least they owe you an apology, and probably ought to pay some kind of royalty. The company I work for experienced this same sort of thing, actually worse. They plagiarized research data and clinical studies that our scientists created and used it to sell their own (genetic testing for drug sensitivity). Our CEO sent a cease and desist order in an email and cc'd their board of directors. A hilarious shit storm ensued. They actually manipulated our logo also. Big no nos.

wayoflife
06-24-2014, 05:35 PM
This is just complete and total BS!! I can't believe a company like this would just RIP ME OFF in this manner and try to play it off as their own. Sure, they left all my watermarks on the photos but aside from that, these are MY write-ups.

JK_Dave
06-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Now that's weak bro. They need to take this down ASAP.

LoPo
06-24-2014, 06:04 PM
well in all fairness on the OP's link, they did edit the "What you need list" to include links to their products. :grayno::rolleyes2:

Very shitty.

cozdude
06-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Now that's weak bro. They need to take this down ASAP.

i think they edited the post AFTER they got called out on it. originally it wasnt there.

JK_Dave
06-24-2014, 07:00 PM
It's the guy's response to the poster's question that's so comical. "Yeah, we have such a great relationship with them, we can give them credit for only half of their work". He'll probably sell you CAD drawings to some DIY EVO sliders too... :grayno:

JAGS
06-24-2014, 07:23 PM
I somehow missed this earlier. Total BS. Unfortunately, the legal ramifications often cost more to litigate than worth the result. I went through very similar thing with a previous hospital client. Developed an entire 15+ page website with unique content, researched, written, etc that was copyright protected under the parent domain. Within a month of site launch, a neighbor hospital competitor copy and pasted all the content onto their site. I was pissed to say the least. There are clear copyright violations here, so hopefully Morris does the right thing.

jkjurny
06-24-2014, 07:39 PM
First link is down now. The headlight one is still working though.

cyberil
06-24-2014, 07:55 PM
I just placed my first ever order with them two days ago.

However, you can rest assured that if they continue this practice with multiple pages, Google WILL eventually issue them with a penalty on their website - meaning their site will not have the placement it once had in the natural search results.

How do I know this? It's my job.

Paul

LoPo
06-24-2014, 07:57 PM

Nothing posted on the internet ever dies.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xD-p-R_TLCQJ:www.jeep4x4center.com/blog/%3Fp%3D1648+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

MTG
06-24-2014, 07:59 PM

Wait, what?! Are you serious? :shock:

LoPo
06-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Wait, what?! Are you serious? :shock:

stop posting on the internet, get your work done so you can rally this weekend. :yup:

MTG
06-24-2014, 09:40 PM
stop posting on the internet, get your work done so you can rally this weekend. :yup:

Trying. If it were only as simple as putting my head down and working. :sigh:

wayoflife
06-25-2014, 03:30 PM

Well, that's a start. Funny how they never even responded to the email I sent them. You would think that an apology would be the least they could do. :naw:

MR.Ty
06-25-2014, 03:33 PM
Well, that's a start. Funny how they never even responded to the email I sent them. You would think that an apology would be the least they could do. :naw:

But this is so much easier :bleh:

Ed Lapadura
06-25-2014, 05:01 PM
I say take it as a compliment that they use your material. It's out there for the world to see for free and not copyrighted though I think they should have used your name as the writer of the article. While having wayalife on the pictures will bring people to look at the forum so you could take it as a positive in that respect

Sent from my LG-D500 using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris
06-25-2014, 05:04 PM
While it's free information that he has posted on the site, others stealing the info diverts traffic away from his site. That traffic is his revenue stream and I wouldn't tolerate it either. Same goes for the decals...stealing his money and making a profit of of his work/design.

wayoflife
06-25-2014, 05:09 PM
I say take it as a compliment that they use your material. It's out there for the world to see for free and not copyrighted though I think they should have used your name as the writer of the article. While having wayalife on the pictures will bring people to look at the forum so you could take it as a positive in that respect

Says you my write-ups aren't copyrighted and up until people gave them grief, they never made any mention of the content or photos being mine. In spite of what you think, I spend a lot of my personal time and money creating these write-ups and if a business like this wants to use them in the hopes of attracting more visits to their website, they can pay me royalties for the use of them. Fact of the matter is, Morris4x4 STOLE from me and don't even have the decency to apologize for what they have done.

Sharkey
06-25-2014, 05:32 PM
It's out there for the world to see for free and not copyrighted...

This a common misconception about the law, and it is flat wrong. Copyright protection applies when you put the proverbial pen to paper, regardless of whether you go through the steps to obtain formal copyrights from the government. Obtaining a formal copyright just changes the measure and availability of damages in certain circumstances. Make no mistake about it though, the write-ups enjoyed copyright protection from the minute Eddie created them.

Bottom line is that Morris4x4 is using Eddie's copyrighted material for the purpose of Morris4x4's own pecuniary gain. That is illegal.

Edit: Although people often talk about copyrights, patents, and trademarks in the same breath, the three are distinctly different under the law. How you get them is different, how long they last is different, what is considered permissible use by others is different, and the measure of damages available for violating an owner's rights are different.

Ed Lapadura
06-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Sorry I didn't realize it was copyrighted information. And I understand you put a lot of time into it. For that all of us appreciate it. I hope this is the worst thing you get stolen from you

2013CGJKU
06-25-2014, 05:35 PM
This a common misconception about the law, and it is flat wrong. Copyright protection applies when you put the proverbial pen to paper, regardless of whether you go through the steps to obtain formal copyrights from the government. Obtaining a formal copyright just changes the measure and availability of damages in certain circumstances. Make no mistake about it though, the write-ups enjoyed copyright protection from the minute Eddie created them.

Bottom line is that Morris4x4 is using Eddie's copyrighted material for the purpose of Morris4x4's own pecuniary gain. That is illegal.

^^^This.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

JAGS
06-25-2014, 05:54 PM

Edit: Although people often talk about copyrights, patents, and trademarks in the same breath, the three are distinctly different under the law. How you get them is different, how long they last is different, what is considered permissible use by others is different, and the measure of damages available for violating an owner's rights are different.

Great post Sharkey. And I'm sure Eddie has a copyright notice on project JK. Thus as you noted, instantly covered, without need for formal submission.

The fact Eddie has gone the extra mile and trademarked his logos/designs only shows his further dedication and commitment to his business. Patents and trademarks are a PITA with the fees, time to process, etc. Often thousands of dollars and hundreds of hrs. Your right in that most don't understand.

I only vaguely understand doing what I do, and seeing guys use eddies logo and content pisses me off even more because of it.

- Jason

pastorwug
06-25-2014, 06:27 PM
I appreciate the fact that no one has mentioned that they make a very obvious statement that they are Christians doing business as "The Jeep Parts and Accessories Leader"
My experience with many "Christian" businesses is that they have the same faults and failures as any other business - it's just that they should have a higher calling to doing things legally and forthrightly. This case appears to be something that they should have addressed immediately but have failed to do so - seeing that it is now about 2 weeks since this thread started.
This is embarrassing to me and I plan to call them out on it via an email. I don't suspect my 2 cents will mean anything to them but hopefully it might. :twocents:
Here's their banner on their front page website:

The Jeep Parts & Accessories Leader

Morris 4x4 Center carries one of the largest selections of Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories. We pride ourselves with a high level of customer service, and we strive every day to deliver the best Jeep Parts Brands, Priced Right. After 19 years in the Jeep Parts business we have the experience and commitment to back it up. We want to improve your shopping experience, if you ever have any suggestions or if there's ever a time when you can't find a Jeep Part don't hesitate to contact us.

Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories and Jeep Soft Tops from Morris 4X4 Center will turn your Jeep into a rugged high performance machine capable of handling any tough off-roading adventure. We carry OEM and replacement Jeep Parts from quality manufacturers like Bestop, Crown and Omix-ADA. We ship Jeep parts & accessories and Jeep soft tops all over the world at guaranteed low discount prices!

jims68
06-25-2014, 06:52 PM
Money and power can be blinding and based off there professions they should know better! If I was the owner heads would roll! I hope for there sake this is a low level problem and not a business model! It's like stealing from a neighbor then giving them the finger! Keep your head up Eddie, these things tend to come out positive for the victim but do leave a sour after taste!

Sharkey
06-25-2014, 10:49 PM
...And I'm sure Eddie has a copyright notice on project JK. Thus as you noted, instantly covered, without need for formal submission.

It's instantly covered whether you have a copyright notice or not. Again, quite literally, copyright protection arises at the point of creation (pen to paper) provided it is an original work.

UncensoredAggression
06-25-2014, 11:36 PM
It's instantly covered whether you have a copyright notice or not. Again, quite literally, copyright protection arises at the point of creation (pen to paper) provided it is an original work.

Being registered with the Library of Congress is the only way to guarantee offensive and defensive rights.

sent while sitting on the crapper

Sharkey
06-25-2014, 11:47 PM
Being registered with the Library of Congress is the only way to guarantee offensive and defensive rights.

It's a lot more complex than that. There are certainly reasons to register including, like I previously said, available damages. It also creates the ability to defend against a claim that your work is not original (e.g. it was not created first in time.) (As an aside, some people have tried to satisfy time of creation by mailing themselves a copy of their work because the sealed envelope bears a date on the stamp.) If done soon enough, registration also creates some beneficial legal presumptions.

The real point I was trying to make though is that copyright attaches to an original work at the point of creation, regardless of whether you take the next step to get formal registration. Even in the absence of formal registration, other people do not have the right to use your original works for pecuniary gain.

branman
06-25-2014, 11:57 PM
"Terms of Use" is a easiest way to protect Internet Content. (not complete but pretty strong)

All content, text, images and other materials on Project-Jk.com are owned by Project-JK.com and are protected by U.S. copyright laws and therefore, may not be used except with our express written consent. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by us, you may not copy or display or post any content, text, images or other materials offered via Project-JK.com on any network computer, website, bulletin board or any other publicly accessible medium. You must keep intact, and may not remove or alter, any copyright or other proprietary notices on any content, text, images or other materials offered via Project-JK.com.

sean.m.adams33
06-26-2014, 12:18 AM
I take it these clowns never responded to your post sharkey.

What happened to honest people?

Sharkey
06-26-2014, 12:19 AM
"Terms of Use" is a easiest way to protect Internet Content. (not complete but pretty strong)

All content, text, images and other materials on Project-Jk.com are owned by Project-JK.com and are protected by U.S. copyright laws and therefore, may not be used except with our express written consent. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by us, you may not copy or display or post any content, text, images or other materials offered via Project-JK.com on any network computer, website, bulletin board or any other publicly accessible medium. You must keep intact, and may not remove or alter, any copyright or other proprietary notices on any content, text, images or other materials offered via Project-JK.com.

That can help, but at best it creates a contractual relationship (and even then the relationship is one without a fee shifting provision.) :doh: I'm turning this Jeep forum into a legal forum. I need to stop before I ban myself.

Morris Sucks! That's all anybody really needs to know.

OverlanderJK
06-26-2014, 01:49 AM
That can help, but at best it creates a contractual relationship (and even then the relationship is one without a fee shifting provision.) :doh: I'm turning this Jeep forum into a legal forum. I need to stop before I ban myself.

It's funny when people argue with you about this stuff. :cheesy:

bnatt78
06-26-2014, 01:51 AM
I have seen them take photos from other people with out asking first. When my friend asked about a discount since they used his jeep in the ad. They said they will get back to him.

Sent from my SM-N900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife
07-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that Morris had finally contacted me regarding this issue and to apologize for their plagiarism of my write-ups and photos. I had asked if I could post up their letters of apology when I first got them but was asked to hold off until they got the green light from their attorneys. In any case, here's a copy of the email correspondence I had with them...

On Jun 26, 2014, at 5:30 AM, Michael Bernard wrote:

Hello Eddie

I hope this email reaches you well. Let me start off by saying that I apologize for one of my employees stealing this without your permission. It's not right and shouldn't have happened. I currently have three of my employees scanning all his work and pulling it down. Kevin is no longer employed here, so it will be a little difficult to decode what he may have stolen and what he actually wrote. I can assure you, this is not condoned in any way here. I will follow up with you later to discuss any further findings and what the best way to rectify this would be. Thanking you in advance for your patience.

Best regards,
Michael Bernard
Morris Motor Company

My response to them...

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:41 AM
To: Michael Bernard
Subject: Re: Contact Form

Michael,
While I appreciate your attempt to apologize for stealing from me by blaming one of your former employees, you still are the one who hired him and in my opinion, YOU are the one who is responsible for his actions. I must say that your desire to push off the blame is consistent with the way you've chosen to handle things thus far. When called out initially, you blew it off by saying you had permission to use the material. When pushed even further, you deleted posts left by your potential customers and added a "photo credit" to the write-up. With all due respect, I think nothing short of you taking FULL ownership of what YOU have done will suffice in me accepting an apology you are attempting to make.

Sincerely,
Eddie Oh

Response I got back...

On Jun 26, 2014, at 7:55 AM, Michael Bernard wrote:

Hello Eddie

I hope this email reaches you well. I am taking full ownership of this. Never was my intent not to. That was me explaining what happened. My email to you is my first point of contact and the first I was hearing about this fiasco. Please let me know who you have spoken to already so I can figure out what you are talking about. I left you a voice mail as well if the number you provided is correct. I do want to make this right.

Best regards,
Michael Bernard
Morris Motor Company

I asked if I could post up their letter of apology...

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 7:38 PM
To: Michael Bernard
Subject: Re: Contact Form

Fair enough. Would you be okay with me posting this up publicly?

Eddie

Their response...

On Jun 27, 2014, at 4:46 AM, Michael Bernard wrote:

Hello Eddie

I don't see it as being an issue but I will have to check with our lawyers on this. Not because of this whole deal but because the aforementioned employee is currently in litigation with us.

Best regards,
Michael Bernard
Morris Motor Company

And finally, their answer along with another letter of apology...

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 10:36 AM
To: Eddie
Subject: RE: Contact Form

Hello Eddie

I hope this email reaches you well. Glenn Morris is going to send you an email today. You can post that publicly.

If you ever get the chance, please tell me who said they had permission to use your write up.

Best regards,
Michael Bernard
Morris Motor Company

On Jul 1, 2014, at 10:01 AM, Glenn Morris wrote:

Dear Eddie,

First and foremost I want to offer my sincerest apologies to you and the Jeep community for the negligence that occurred by my company. I fully understand how this makes us look from the outside and I’m embarrassed by the way this has been handled.

Upon reading The WAYALIFE Forum thread I am tempted to make excuses and attempt to explain how difficult it is to monitor 70 plus employees and how I expect them all to be honest and forthright in all of their duties. In the real world it isn’t so easy, however I fully understand the buck stops at my desk.

Unfortunately I am guilty of not being in front of this issue, if I had known this was going on it would have never happened. I do not encourage nor condone neither plagiarism nor any other dishonest practice.

If my intentions were to do something dishonest I would never have included my last name in the brand. None of this however rights the wrong done to you by my company. This type of reputation is not the legacy I want to leave behind.

Once again I am sorry.

Sincerely,

Glenn P. Morris

With my write-ups and photos removed, ownership taken regarding the theft of them and a formal apology made, this is now water under the bridge for me. To Morris4x4, I thank you for your courage to accept responsibility for your actions and for doing whatever it took to make things right. In my book, you're a stand up company.

UncensoredAggression
07-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Sounds good and good job Morris4x4!

cyberil
07-04-2014, 04:09 PM
I agree. They did the right thing and avoided a PR disaster, unlike Mr Basil.

SteelBadger
07-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that Morris had finally contacted me regarding this issue and to apologize for their plagiarism of my write-ups and photos. I had asked if I could post up their letters of apology when I first got them but was asked to hold off until they got the green light from their attorneys. In any case, here's a copy of the email correspondence I had with them...

My response to them...

Response I got back...

I asked if I could post up their letter of apology...

Their response...

And finally, their answer along with another letter of apology...

With my write-ups and photos removed, ownership taken regarding the theft of them and a formal apology made, this is now water under the bridge for me. To Morris4x4, I thank you for your courage to accept responsibility for your actions and for doing whatever it took to make things right. In my book, you're a stand up company.

This is a refreshing change. Nice to see someone take responsibility for unethical and irresponsible (illegal?) activities . What do you think about this Mr. Basil?........hello.....hello......Are you there?

Sharkey
07-04-2014, 04:26 PM

Given management's response, I retract my statement above and change it to "someone who used to work for Morris sucks."

:clap2: Morris. It's nice to see a "buck stops here" acceptance of responsibility and apology. Too bad more people, and companies, aren't willing to do the same.

JKbrick
07-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Thank you Glen Morris for doing the right thing as a Christian business owner should do.

JamesWyatt
07-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Called it. These egotistical business owners develop a god complex and think they can steal with impunity, passing off the blame to the very people they paid to steal it. The power of having authority over their employees and a low-level attorney goes to their head.

pastorwug
07-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Called it. These egotistical business owners develop a god complex and think they can steal with impunity, passing off the blame to the very people they paid to steal it. The power of having authority over their employees and a low-level attorney goes to their head.

Wow, that's painting with a pretty broad stroke.
They've confessed, they've been forgiven, I'll give them my business again.
Pretty simple. Unless you're not used to forgiving and forgeting.

pastorwug
07-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Thank you Glen Morris for doing the right thing as a Christian business owner should do.

Exactly! :thumb:

CZEBJKU
07-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Well said pastorwug, well said! :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKFlyer
07-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Given management's response, I retract my statement above and change it to "someone who used to work for Morris sucks."

:clap2: Morris. It's nice to see a "buck stops here" acceptance of responsibility and apology. Too bad more people, and companies, aren't willing to do the same.

This !! Agreed

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel
07-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Glad to see a stand up company take ownership and make it right! Good on you Morris4x4! I wonder why the other company stealing from Cindy and Eddie cannot find the courage to do this?

StrizzyChris
07-10-2014, 06:24 AM
I'm happy to see this somewhat resolve itself. I have only purchased my Trektop NX from them, but they had quick shipping and fair prices. If they had not stepped up and took ownership for the problem, I would have vowed to never use them again a steer others away from them. Im glad that is not needed. :thumb:

noroad
07-10-2014, 07:42 AM
I'm happy to see this somewhat resolve itself. I have only purchased my Trektop NX from them, but they had quick shipping and fair prices. If they had not stepped up and took ownership for the problem, I would have vowed to never use them again a steer others away from them. Im glad that is not needed. :thumb:

I was in the same boat, i have only bought one or two things from them as northridge is hard to beat. If they didnt own up and do right by eddie i would have never bought/told anyone to buy from then ever again. Im glad that they stepped up to the plate and did what was right!

Armydog
07-23-2014, 03:36 AM
I was in the same boat, i have only bought one or two things from them as northridge is hard to beat. If they didnt own up and do right by eddie i would have never bought/told anyone to buy from then ever again. Im glad that they stepped up to the plate and did what was right!

Agreed, seems there is integrity left here and there. Congrats Morris for doing the right thing here

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

r2fasani
07-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Outside of it never happening in the first place, this is the best outcome in this situation. I commend Eddie for his "water under the bridge" attitude. Not that you need it from me... I just respect it is all.

2RedRigs
08-28-2014, 07:20 PM

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xD-p-R_TLCQJ:www.jeep4x4center.com/blog/%3Fp%3D1648+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Ugh.... So what you're saying is that video with me and Megan Fox is still out there?:rolleyes2:

Rccrwlr
04-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Lingering write ups on the site still. They did give credit but I thought it was all taken down.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/blog/?p=986

Jeep error codes
Thanks to Jeep and their progression of onboard technology, just about every single part on your new Jeep JK Wrangler is wired up to a computer (BCM, ABS, ECU). And, if anything goes wrong, your Jeep’s computer will make a note of it and/or even let you know about it by illuminating a Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL for short or “check engine light”) icon on your dash. Unfortunately, the MIL or other icons won’t tell you a whole lot other than the fact that your Jeep is having some kind of a problem and unless you take your Jeep into the dealership or have your own OBDII reader handy, you’re pretty much out of luck, right? Wrong. Luck would have it, the Jeep JK Wrangler’s come with an onboard Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) reader built right into the dash. You can access the codes by following the 3 simple steps. Once you have the DTC code(s) in hand, check it/them against the list below and you will be able to find out exactly what problems your Jeep is having.

To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.
If you do step #1 correctly, all your dash lights will illuminate and your odometer will show up as a series of (6) dashes as shown in the pic to the left. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has any logged in any DTC’s, they will be displayed soon after the dashes appear. Write down the DTC(s) and check it/them against the list below to find out what they mean.
If your Jeep JK Wrangler has not logged in any DTC’s, the dashes on your odometer will be followed by the message ‘-done-’. Turn your key to the ‘OFF’ position and you will in fact be done.
How to Read a DTC

A DTC or Diagnostic Trouble Code is made up of 5 digits the first of which is one of the following letters:

B – Body
C – Chasis
P – Power Train
U – Network

The 2nd digit indicates:

0 – SAE
1 – MFG

The 3rd digit indicates:

1 – Fuel & Air Metering
2 – Fuel & Air Metering
(Injector Circuit)
3 – Injection Systems or Misfire