Stolen Flashpack Help

I have a close friend at home that had her rig broken into lastnight. She and her husband do a lot of wheeling and had their Superchips Flashpak in the jeep. It and a few other things were stolen. Does anyone know how to remove the programming without going to a dealership?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Good question. I'd get the answer directly from Superchips. Not sure I would want to risk bricking the system by following the wrong advice.

Good question. I'd get the answer directly from Superchips. Not sure I would want to risk bricking the system by following the wrong advice.

They don't want to go to the dealer although it's an '07 and no warranty, but my gut feeling is that's what it will come to.

OJK12

Does super chips have the ability to use a smart phone like some other company's? If so maybe they could use their phone they would just have to buy the cord for it. I can't remember who all does this but I know some company's you can just buy the cord and the programming info download the app and use your phone as a programmer. Not sure if you can but I'd look into it. Hope this helps a lil.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, they'll definitely need to get a new unit and I'm pretty sure that it will supersede the old one. As Sharkey said, I would contact Superchips to verify this. If nothing else, they should be able to assist you with getting the program removed.

Spoke to my friend this morning and got an update. She spoke to Superchips and they told her that her rig would have to be flashed at the dealership. The explanation they gave does actually make a lot of sense:
When the Flashpak is initially installed, a copy of the original ECM parameters is burned onto the Flashpak unit itself and at the same time the original is deleted from the ECM.
She will be visiting the dealership soon to have her ECM flashed. The good news is that we have a decent dealership that can do it while she waits and the cost shouldn't be more than $150, (that's what it cost me to have mine done several months ago).

Conman

I have a close friend at home that had her rig broken into lastnight. She and her husband do a lot of wheeling and had their Superchips Flashpak in the jeep. It and a few other things were stolen. Does anyone know how to remove the programming without going to a dealership?

Man that sucks. I guess I should remove mine from the glove box.

Top Bottom