Has anyone done a heater-core bypass

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you just trying to get by until you can replace yours? If so, there are two connections that go into your firewall. You will need to disconnect them and connect the two with a heater hose. You will need to secure both ends with a hose clamp but otherwise, that's pretty much all you need to do.

mikefishes

Are you just trying to get by until you can replace yours? If so, there are two connections that go into your firewall. You will need to disconnect them and connect the two with a heater hose. You will need to secure both ends with a hose clamp but otherwise, that's pretty much all you need to do.

That's all I am trying to do. My core is leaking but some new expenses and a newer job preclude me from shelling out the coin for the new core at the moment. I looked for the two hoses but they must be buried. Would you try and access from the top of the motor or from underneath?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that on a JK, they are hard lines and not hoses. They should connect at the same point side by side by the passenger side of the motor.

Top Bottom