Removal of sticker residue on vinyl, Need help!

Aedawsey

One of my KC stickers fell off my rear vinyl window a month or so ago and I was curious if anyone used finger nail polish or products like that to remove that smeared sticky residue that doesn't want to come off without take the window with it. Any advice would help? Wanting to go at it today.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
GooGone is what I would recommend. Just apply it to a microfiber cloth, rub some on, let it sit and then rub off. Reapply as necessary.

Aedawsey

GooGone is what I would recommend. Just apply it to a microfiber cloth, rub some on, let it sit and then rub off. Reapply as necessary.

Wow that was such a fast response! Thank you so much for the advice let's see if it works I will post before and after hoping this will help any other members having the same issue!

Vettethret

What he said! I use this to debadge all my cars, it works great! You can get it at the grocery store too.

Aedawsey

What he said! I use this to debadge all my cars, it works great! You can get it at the grocery store too.

Thank you Vettethret, I will try it today or tomorrow when I get the goo-gone! Looking forward to posting the before and afters.

Serg5000

I use WD-40 to remove all sticker residue. Works perfect. Paint is never affected. I removed a quarter size sticker residue from the rear soft top window and it worked great.

You can use some isopropyl alcohol as well. Just need some thing to break the barrier. Also would recommend letting the window warm up in the sun. This will help get the glue off. Also go in node direction not circles. Take your time.

Top Bottom