2012 Rubicon Gauge lights flashing

EODRubicon

I have a 2012 2DR rubicon. The issue Im having is the Sway bar, ABS, Brake, and ESC light flash as well as the speedometer goes to zero and back up. When this happens usually the cruise wont work after. Sometimes the ESC light will stay on. No power loss to the motor or anything. Recently my clock on my radio has reset and my BD GT tuner has reset as well. The only code it has thrown was Brake circuit A high. I read on another forum it might be something to do with waterproofing the electric swaybar. I disconnected the sway bar links and it still does it. Any ideas?

Im running 35s with a 2.5 in lift. All the usuall upgrades, winch, lights, cage ect...

jmatta33

have you recently unplugged the switch panel on the dash? i had a loose switch that caused TC light to come on. cruise control didnt work and a couple other things. if its not the battery I would check those connections as well.

RLTW!!!

Drunic

Ha, I have nearly the same thing. I had issues with a loose ground wire and my blinkers making my inner lights go bonkers and blink with them. I tightened the bolt after months of looking for it. 6 months later the speedo and dash thing now. I got some water by my drivers feet after my last offroad adventure so I was thinking it's a wire under there? If I ever find its cause I'll post up. Good luck, let us know!

Brent W

There are a couple ground locations under the dash you may want to check. Definitely sounds like a ground issue. Also another thing to look at is the plug in the steering column. It has been know to cause people issues if not plugged in all the way.

Autorotate

Exact same thing.

Neg Battery terminal was loose. Was getting the same issue on very bumpy highway roads in WV.

Mine was due to operator error. I hooked the winch leads to the battery on top of the terminals. The bolts for the stock terminal clamps are conical shaped down and cinch the cheap stock clamp. My winch leads interfered with that and lead to the clamps being not tight enough.

Tightened and problem solved.

I have a 2012 2DR rubicon. The issue Im having is the Sway bar, ABS, Brake, and ESC light flash as well as the speedometer goes to zero and back up. When this happens usually the cruise wont work after. Sometimes the ESC light will stay on. No power loss to the motor or anything. Recently my clock on my radio has reset and my BD GT tuner has reset as well. The only code it has thrown was Brake circuit A high. I read on another forum it might be something to do with waterproofing the electric swaybar. I disconnected the sway bar links and it still does it. Any ideas?

Im running 35s with a 2.5 in lift. All the usuall upgrades, winch, lights, cage ect...

EODRubicon

Thanks for the input. Ill check the battery. Im headed out on a week long Jeep trip to the Naches WA, Mount Ranier area. Ill let you guys know if its fixed when I get back.

Rayz

Thanks for the input. Ill check the battery. Im headed out on a week long Jeep trip to the Naches WA, Mount Ranier area. Ill let you guys know if its fixed when I get back.
you'll need an old priest and a young priest...:cheesy:

Drunic

I'll try the battery when I get home. I'm in Oregon and the jeep is in Michigan, really miss having it out here!

EODRubicon

Found the solution, or at least mine.

It seems to be fixed. I guess that if you bend anything in or around the front axle, even a little it will make the lights go off. I replaced the tie rod and sway bar disconnects and it hasnt had an issue. My shocks on the front are really long so when flexing I overextended the sway bar links which bent one of them. Ordered new ones, made sure they were the right length and problem solved. I will be disconecting manually from now on. FYI the were not noticably bent when on the rig. Just something to keep in mind.

Top Bottom