? adjusting dash readout

RJEEPO

Is there a way to adjust the mpg readout to more accurately reflect mileage? I was all happy to be seeing 20+ mpg until I did the hand calculation and it was actually mid 16's combined which is pretty decent IMO I just want the dash to say it too. I do plan on getting something once get my tires (procal / flashdance / etc) but if the dash is off now it might be even worse later? :thinking:

rodgerdathug

Is there a way to adjust the mpg readout to more accurately reflect mileage? I was all happy to be seeing 20+ mpg until I did the hand calculation and it was actually mid 16's combined which is pretty decent IMO I just want the dash to say it too. I do plan on getting something once get my tires (procal / flashdance / etc) but if the dash is off now it might be even worse later? :thinking:

THe only thing I know is reseting the mpg trip after filling up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What he said ^^^

Assuming you have your speedo calibrated correctly, you will need to do a reset after filling up. Even at that, it's just an average.

07streetbobrider

My 2014 bounces all over the place. I really think the wind has a lot to do with it when I'm on the freeway. On the way to dropping off my boys I might get up to 20 mpg with my 33's and 2' lift going south with the wind n 16-17 mpg on the way home. In town around 15mpg

07streetbobrider

Another thing my ford focus showed combined and was really accurate as it pretty much stayed at 27 mpg. My jeep shows real time so if I'm on the freeway it will show freeway mpg but as soon as I'm in town it steadily goes down and shows what I'm getting at that time. It will never show what your combined mpg is. You have to calculate that yourself.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Another thing my ford focus showed combined and was really accurate as it pretty much stayed at 27 mpg. My jeep shows real time so if I'm on the freeway it will show freeway mpg but as soon as I'm in town it steadily goes down and shows what I'm getting at that time. It will never show what your combined mpg is. You have to calculate that yourself.

Well if you reset it at a full tank and don't reset it until you need to fill up again that final number will be your average mpg :yup:

Sent from my iPhone

07streetbobrider

Never tried it like that. I'll do it tomorrow. The way it is now as soon as I get off the freeway it goes down down down. As long as I'm in the city it will stay low and when I get on the freeway it slowly goes up.

RJEEPO

update: was showing 14.5mpg on dash after recent fill up reset, went wheeling didn't look, but on freeway cruise back home was reading as high as 22mpg again. Only 1/4 tank or so used so far, the finally tally I hope still 16's or better. Odo still under 1,000 I think. Need to get a stash of '14 oil filters going asap :)

trailless

Caught the Bug
That's odd. I hand calculated my MPG a handful of times and the EVIC was only off by 0.5 mpg at most. Most of the time it was off by just 0.3 mpg. I never cared enough to hand calculate it again, especially with only .3 deviation most of the time.

Top Bottom