Rear track bar for prorock 60

So I just got the rear prorock 60 installed and put my track bar back on and it's pretty close to the diff. I was wondering what everyone was running for a track bar on a prorock 60. Thanks for the help
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Christarp

how close is pretty close? You can get as close as possible, just as long as you're not hitting anything :thumb:

here's a pic. Idk how much it moves when at full flex. It looks a lot further away in the pic lol

Attachments

• 1405576290644.jpg
    1405576290644.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 163

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
here's a pic. Idk how much it moves when at full flex. It looks a lot further away in the pic lol

This video from the Metal Cloak website shows the travel on what appears to be a stock Dana 44......the travel is quite a bit.......being that the D60 center section is much larger you may interfere with the track bar at full stuff.......cycle the suspension up with the floor jack and see what you got.......

~Woodrow~

http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Rear-Track-Bar-Solid-Chromoly-p/7010.htm

This video from the Metal Cloak website shows the travel on what appears to be a stock Dana 44......the travel is quite a bit.......being that the D60 center section is much larger you may interfere with the track bar at full stuff.......cycle the suspension up with the floor jack and see what you got.......

~Woodrow~

http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Rear-Track-Bar-Solid-Chromoly-p/7010.htm

If it moves that much it will hit for sure.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
If it moves that much it will hit for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 usinI'm WAYALIFE mobile app

Well you won't know for sure unless you find out and at least you'll know if it does and by how much.......I'm guessing you may be fine......at full stuff on the video it shows the track bar to the rear of the the cover....so it may clear......Eddie I believe runs a stock track bar on his D80

~Woodrow~

liljohn850

can you get a pic from above the axle looking down? how much space is between the track bar and the axle on a horizontal plane?

I called evo and they also said to us the stock track bar but after looking at the stock one I don't think it will make much difference

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sure they are running factory but it's different with the lever system. Track bar is mounted on the inside of the axle not the outside.

This is correct. We are still running our factory rear track bar with our PR80 but, we are also running an EVO lever system that has a different mount. I wouldn't hesitate to run one with an EVO track bar relocation bracket though.

This is correct. We are still running our factory rear track bar with our PR80 but, we are also running an EVO lever system that has a different mount. I wouldn't hesitate to run one with an EVO track bar relocation bracket though.

I have the Evo relocation bracket that came with the coilovers but it just doesn't look like there is enough room between the pumpkin and the track bar. It looks like it will hit when flexing

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Evo relocation bracket that came with the coilovers but it just doesn't look like there is enough room between the pumpkin and the track bar. It looks like it will hit when flexing

Just to double check, do you have it installed right side up? Also, have you cycled your axle to make sure it won't or will hit? I have run a factory track bar with a ProRock 60 in the past and have not had any issues. In fact, I will be doing it again on Rubicat.

Just to double check, do you have it installed right side up? Also, have you cycled your axle to make sure it won't or will hit? I have run a factory track bar with a ProRock 60 in the past and have not had any issues. In fact, I will be doing it again on Rubicat.

I have not cycled the axle but I will tonight. And it is installed the right side up

Well just from holding the stock track bar up I can tell it's gonna work. Thanks for everyone's help

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well just from holding the stock track bar up I can tell it's gonna work. Thanks for everyone's help

Glad to hear it. I know there are a lot of people that will try and tell you that you need to spend money on things you really don't need and really, I'm sure that helps the economy. But, coming from a guy who can afford to run pretty much whatever I want, I choose a lot of factory parts for a reason. :yup:

Glad to hear it. I know there are a lot of people that will try and tell you that you need to spend money on things you really don't need and really, I'm sure that helps the economy. But, coming from a guy who can afford to run pretty much whatever I want, I choose a lot of factory parts for a reason. :yup:

Ya well the only reason I was running the metalcloak one is because it came with the lift but I will not be running it anymore. Thanks again.

Top Bottom