Does anyone's climate control switches glow at night?

Ant's JK

On my jk it appears the climate control knobs glow at night when the jeep is off with the key out. Just wanted to know if its normal ?

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glow?? As in, there's still a light on behind them or as in, the icons are illuminated like glow in the dark? Either way, no, not on mine. :crazyeyes:

Ant's JK

Yes, its a faint glow, once I turn the lights on its bright then when there off the knobs glow all night. Should I bring it to the dealership ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Honestly, I don't have my 12 with me so I can't check but on my 07, it definitely doesn't glow. Is the glow constant or does it eventually go off?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
The switches and nobs (and cup holders!) do illuminate on my 14, but only when my lights are on. When the jeep is off, my dash and everything else is dark. Just a thought, where do you have you head light selector switch positioned to? Do you turn them on and off, or do you have them selected to auto?

Ant's JK

I don't have the auto option on my jeep but I defiantly turn them off. They come on at random but I only notice them at night since its that faint. I called the dealership and they said they'd look at it since its under warranty

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I don't have the auto option on my jeep but I defiantly turn them off. They come on at random but I only notice them at night since its that faint. I called the dealership and they said they'd look at it since its under warranty

Thats good that they will look at it. Hope that it is something simple! :thumb:

Ant's JK

Yea me too knowing the dealership they'll probably just replace the whole circuit instead of searching for the issue. Which is a good thing

Ant's JK

IMG_20140709_212935_857.jpg

Does the glow look like this? This is how mine glows don't know or think its normal

Last edited:
Top Bottom