Driveshafts

Marc

I will order new driveshafts, I ordered allready a Prorock 44 it will here in two months , do i better wait whit measure untill the Prorock is installed or can I measure it now with ten stock axles ??

liljohn850

If your ride height isn't going to change, I'd be willing to bet that you could go ahead and measure. But I'd def wait for someone with first hand experience to chime in.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There shouldn't be any change in the length needed and you can just order up a pair of shafts now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The only time you need a shorter shaft is when you install a ProRock 60 or 80. Pretty much all the aftermarket drive shafts out there are designed with enough slip to work with most any JK.

2011jk

Most company's will ship the shafts the day after you order...Me I'd get the axles in and measure. I ordered Adams and had then 2 days later, also I've ordered Tom woods and same result.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Me I'd get the axles in and measure. I ordered Adams and had then 2 days later, also I've ordered Tom woods and same result.

And what exactly did your measurements tell the driveline shop? Exactly how much did it actually change from stock and how much slip does your shaft allow for?

Me, I'm just a rookie who's new to all this and have always bought shafts right off the shelf and have NEVER had a problem. The only time I've ever needed to take a measurement is when I upgraded to a ProRock 60 and more recently, a ProRock 80. But hey, what do I know.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Most company's will ship the shafts the day after you order...Me I'd get the axles in and measure. I ordered Adams and had then 2 days later, also I've ordered Tom woods and same result.

You are also in the same time zone as Adams. This guy is in the Netherlands. It's not as quick to ship there.

Armydog

And what exactly did your measurements tell the driveline shop? Exactly how much did it actually change from stock and how much slip does your shaft allow for?

Me, I'm just a rookie who's new to all this and have always bought shafts right off the shelf and have NEVER had a problem. The only time I've ever needed to take a measurement is when I upgraded to a ProRock 60 and more recently, a ProRock 80. But hey, what do I know.

Eddie,

I hear what you're saying and trust your opinion. Does this apply to my 05 TJ Rubicon (TJR- my acronym creation) as well. I have been shopping for a double cardan (CV) rear shaft. Tom Woods, Coast and JE Reel all what me to provide a measurement, is this necessary?

Tango,

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,

I hear what you're saying and trust your opinion. Does this apply to my 05 TJ Rubicon (TJR- my acronym creation) as well. I have been shopping for a double cardan (CV) rear shaft. Tom Woods, Coast and JE Reel all what me to provide a measurement, is this necessary?

Tango,

A TJ is a different animal as the rear shaft is so short and it's length will be dependent on what kind of SYE tail shaft housing you've installed. For you, a measurement will be necessary.

Armydog

A TJ is a different animal as the rear shaft is so short and it's length will be dependent on what kind of SYE tail shaft you've installed. For you, a measurement will be necessary.

Roger that, tango brother!

Top Bottom