New Poison Spyder fenders

Jerms

Thought i'd share with you guys what Spyder flares and Evo corners look like installed. The front flares (narrow width) were a breeze to install, but the rears took a little convincing, using everyone's favorite, nutserts :mad:. Overall, quite pleased with them. And I decided to go with aluminum up front to save weight from sagging, and steel in the rear. Sprayed em with Duplicolor bedliner. I was able to reuse the front fender liners, but ditched the rear liners.

If I were to do it over, I'd install the flares first, then install the corners to create a tighter fit to each other. Just my .02 Resize (1).jpg Resize (2).jpg Resize (3).jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm no fan of tube fenders on a JK but, of them all, the Poison Spyders do look the best. Nice job and great looking Jeep :yup:

CharlieK

Great looking jeep, have the same fenders. I have been kicking around the idea of adding the EVO corners, think you pictures have just convinced me to get them. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice looking rig I've been thinking of getting some myself

Esteban, for the kind of trails we have out here, I personally wouldn't recommend it. I have seen how a good hit to them will cause body damage. Just trying to help out.

Jerms

I'm no fan of tube fenders on a JK but, of them all, the Poison Spyders do look the best. Nice job and great looking Jeep :yup:

When I originally bought the jeep, the previous owner had installed the bushwackers. They were nice for keeping debris off, but one slip off a rock or bouncing into a tree, they came loose. I love the look of the new fenders, and with all of the extra bracing, one would assume they are going to keep me a little safer than plastic. The reasoning behind me going with the PS is that with all of the trees we have here on the east coast, it should help in keeping the main body from rubbing bark stains into the tub.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When I originally bought the jeep, the previous owner had installed the bushwackers. They were nice for keeping debris off, but one slip off a rock or bouncing into a tree, they came loose. I love the look of the new fenders, and with all of the extra bracing, one would assume they are going to keep me a little safer than plastic. The reasoning behind me going with the PS is that with all of the trees we have here on the east coast, it should help in keeping the main body from rubbing bark stains into the tub.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh yeah, for your needs, you should be fine. I have just seen where a good hit from a rock or even a tree out here in the west was enough to cause body damage. That's why I purposefully run trimmed fenders - I'd rather have them bend, fold and/or tear off than to have something so strong that the energy gets transferred to the thin sheet metal and does damage. Like I said, they look great.

Those are definitely my favorite fenders! That's a long way down the mods list for me, but when I do arrive I'll be buying those!

rubicrawl

Esteban, for the kind of trails we have out here, I personally wouldn't recommend it. I have seen how a good hit to them will cause body damage. Just trying to help out.

Lol thank you and I was just talking to my buddy and he was telling me the same lol didn't think about the domino effect hits the fender and damages the body no good I'll just stick with stocks thanks brother

JKRandall

I'm debating between those and Nemesis Flares right now. Great looking jeep you have though.👍

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

eddy

Thought i'd share with you guys what Spyder flares and Evo corners look like installed. The front flares (narrow width) were a breeze to install, but the rears took a little convincing, using everyone's favorite, nutserts :mad:. Overall, quite pleased with them. And I decided to go with aluminum up front to save weight from sagging, and steel in the rear. Sprayed em with Duplicolor bedliner. I was able to reuse the front fender liners, but ditched the rear liners.

If I were to do it over, I'd install the flares first, then install the corners to create a tighter fit to each other. Just my .02 View attachment 94268 View attachment 94269 View attachment 94270
Great pics, looks awesome! One day I will order a set.

JK_Epidimick

They are very strong, you won't be disappointed. They protected my rear corner from a rock as I grinded on it .Fenders just needs some paint and good to go :)

Top Bottom