Lose E-Brake?

sethccole

I was just wondering how far everyone pulls up their parking/e-brake. Mine doesn't seem to keep my jeep from rolling until its nearly all the way pulled up.

2014 manual Rubi by the way.

DMF

I was just wondering how far everyone pulls up their parking/e-brake. Mine doesn't seem to keep my jeep from rolling until its nearly all the way pulled up.

I just had my Jeep at the dealer this weekend and totally forgot to mention this to them. I also have a '14 but auto with 10k miles, brake pads still looks brand new.. My driveway has a small incline and I have to pull the hell out of that hand brake or the jeep will roll right off the driveway when in neutral. I'm just gonna have to adjust this myself next weekend.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just had my Jeep at the dealer this weekend and totally forgot to mention this to them. I also have a '14 but auto with 10k miles, brake pads still looks brand new.. My driveway has a small incline and I have to pull the hell out of that hand brake or the jeep will roll right off the driveway when in neutral. I'm just gonna have to adjust this myself next weekend.

As mentioned, your star wheel adjuster just needs some adjusting.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
No. In fact, due to the way the JK brakes are designed, it's easier to just to pull off the drum and do it by hand.

good to know! i have been putting off doing mine for the sole fact i dont wanna buy the $10 spoon :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
good to know! i have been putting off doing mine for the sole fact i dont wanna buy the $10 spoon :crazyeyes:

On older Jeeps or really, any vehicle that still has drum brakes only, using a spoon is the easier way to adjust your e-brakes. Being that the JK has disc, there's more in the way and you can't get access to the adjustment hole as easily. I did this write-up a long time ago and should probably update it to reflect what I have since learned.

sethccole

On older Jeeps or really, any vehicle that still has drum brakes only, using a spoon is the easier way to adjust your e-brakes. Being that the JK has disc, there's more in the way and you can't get access to the adjustment hole as easily. I did this write-up a long time ago and should probably update it to reflect what I have since learned.

That would be fantastic!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That would be fantastic!!

In a nutshell, simply follow the steps to the point where the caliper is off. Once it is, just pull off your rotor and you'll be able to access the star wheel a lot easier. Adjust the star wheel until the shoes start to drag on the drum and then back it off a hair. Basically, you do exactly the same thing without having to do it through the small hole :crazyeyes:

In a nutshell, simply follow the steps to the point where the caliper is off. Once it is, just pull off your rotor and you'll be able to access the star wheel a lot easier. Adjust the star wheel until the shoes start to drag on the drum and then back it off a hair. Basically, you do exactly the same thing without having to do it through the small hole :crazyeyes:

Great information! I need too adjust mine too. I'm running wheel spacers so I'll have to adjust it through the back. Free time today so I guess I'll go look for a spoon at autozone.

Off subject, but is it too late to start a build thread?

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Great information! I need too adjust mine too. I'm running wheel spacers so I'll have to adjust it through the back. Free time today so I guess I'll go look for a spoon at autozone.

Off subject, but is it too late to start a build thread?

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Its never to late to start a build thread. :thumbup:

2014 JKUR

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

I'd like to mention it might be a problem with the e-brake handle. I thought mine was loose not long after I bought my 2012 but when I took it to the dealer the lever was defective and was replaced under warranty. I'm having the same problem again now and plan on taking it back to the stealership. I'm 100% sure it's the same problem.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Top Bottom