Underbelly Skid Recommendations..

Kpalas

Hey guys, looking to armor up the underside of my 2014 JKU, who is running what? I saw the Artec kit, looks pretty good, don't know anything about the quality of Artec. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
The factory skids are working fine on mine! Just gotta pick the right lines and stay on the rocks with your tires!
:beer::beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, no need to replace what already comes on your Jeep. The factory gas tank and transfer case skids will serve you fine and they are all that I've been running in the almost 8 years I've had my big white JK. Your oil pan is exposed and while not essential to do, having a skid to protect it is a good idea. If you have an automatic on your 2014, protecting the bare sump pan and cooler lines is a good idea as well. As others have mentioned, I prefer running just the bare essentials and the EVO protek system does this well.

bkac

Caught the Bug
As mentioned, no need to replace what already comes on your Jeep. The factory gas tank and transfer case skids will serve you fine and they are all that I've been running in the almost 8 years I've had my big white JK. Your oil pan is exposed and while not essential to do, having a skid to protect it is a good idea. If you have an automatic on your 2014, protecting the bare sump pan and cooler lines is a good idea as well. As others have mentioned, I prefer running just the bare essentials and the EVO protek system does this well.

I know you don't have this issue with the EVO lever but what about the factory muffler? Should that have a skid?

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know you don't have this issue with the EVO lever but what about the factory muffler? Should that have a skid?

What's the worst that can happen if you beat up your factory muffler?

For the record, we didn't always have an EVO lever :)

bkac

Caught the Bug
What's the worst that can happen if you beat up your factory muffler?

For the record, we didn't always have an EVO lever :)

Guess I shouldn't have said factory muffler, maybe just muffler in general. :)

I figured if I asked you that question you would come back with "I don't have a muffler in the rear anymore"

I figured the answer would be who gives a crap if it gets smashed...

bkac

Caught the Bug
Evo protek awesome system, jut put mine on.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered them today! Can't wait to try them out. Did you drain the oil before unbolting the pan?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Guess I shouldn't have said factory muffler, maybe just muffler in general. :)

I figured if I asked you that question you would come back with "I don't have a muffler in the rear anymore"

I figured the answer would be who gives a crap if it gets smashed...

LOL!! Actually, I really like how well the factory muffler provides a nice quite exhaust but, it's just so damn big. Still, I ran one until I no longer could on Moby. I do prefer a muffler out of the way like how the Dynomax is and just moved over to it with Rubicat.

Top Bottom