If I put a 2.5 inch lift on my 2014 Rubicon Unlimited do I need to get a different fr

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
if you mean front drive shaft then no you will be fine with your stock one. once you hit the 3" threshold you will need a new one as it will make contact with the exhaust.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
if you mean front drive shaft then no you will be fine with your stock one. once you hit the 3" threshold you will need a new one as it will make contact with the exhaust.

Actually, it depends on the length of shock he decides to run. If they are too long, his shaft will still make contact with the exhaust cross over. Pretty much anything over 2" longer than stock will cause this. Of course, if he were to get a set of 2.5" coils instead of spacers that actually measure over 3" like so many kits do, he'd also still have issues sooner than later with the CV joint at the output shaft.

Mr. Rubi1

Thanks all for the advice, I'm going to do the rough country 2.5 suspension lift, coils and shocks. In thinking just the brake line needs to be relocated. Hoping I don't need a new front drive shaft but if I do any idea?

JKFlyer

I did 2.5 kit w shocks and coils and brake lines were a non issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

maxcustody

There are a lot of options.....Check into Teraflex, Evo, etc. don't just buy a lift because you find a low cost one. You get what you pay for. After the fact you decide it wasn't what you wanted and end up paying double instead of doing it right the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxcustody

Yeah I moved here 2 years ago from California. I work for the government and work in DC

maxcustody

I have Teraflex, but now knowing what I have learned from this site, I would have gotten Evo

Top Bottom