EVO U-Bolt Help

StrizzyChris

So I am needing to replace my EVO raised rear track bar U-bolts. The ones supplied in the kit are not a good grade, and am wanting something like grade 8 or 5 so I can torque them down a little. The threads on the ones in the kit stripped with light hand torqueing. Anyone know where I can find some? I've looked online and went to a few hardware stores and trailer shops with no luck.

These are the rough dimensions

ubolt.jpg

A- 3/8"
B- 3-3/8" to 3-1/2"
C- 4-1/2" minimum to 5.5" range
D- 4-1/4" minimum to 5"ish range
E- 4-1/4"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fastenal would be your best bet but you might be able to find something at a Tractor Supply Store if you have one in your area. Having said that, the best option would be to just use the bolts you have now to get everything set and then burn on the bracket.

Panda

So I am needing to replace my EVO raised rear track bar U-bolts. The ones supplied in the kit are not a good grade, and am wanting something like grade 8 or 5 so I can torque them down a little. The threads on the ones in the kit stripped with light hand torqueing. Anyone know where I can find some? I've looked online and went to a few hardware stores and trailer shops with no luck.

View attachment 96716

A- 3/8"
B- 3-3/8" to 3-1/2"
E- 4-1/4"

I was able to find some at kragen/ ORielly for rubbersidedown, if you can't get them welded you might check there

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Fastenal would be your best bet but you might be able to find something at a Tractor Supply Store if you have one in your area. Having said that, the best option would be to just use the bolts you have now to get everything set and then burn on the bracket.

When you burn on the bracket should you pull the axle shafts or will they be fine if you leave them in and take your time like doing the C gussets? Been thinking about welding my teraflex one because we all know how reliable teraflex stuff is lol

Rebel JK

Mcmaster carr is another good resource for those hard to find locally nuts, bolts hardware type items. They carry just about anything you can think of from nutserts to 9/16 grade 8s to bearings, tools, small cuts of misc metal ....
Like a playground for the diy'er or nutty professor inventor types.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was able to find some at kragen/ ORielly for rubbersidedown, if you can't get them welded you might check there

Now that you mention it, Napa should have them for sure as well. You just want to look for leaf spring u-bolts.

Yeep

Local tractor supply/farm store out here had a wall of different sizes and types..

I also just used the ones that came with the kit and welded the bracket

HDGasser

View attachment 96716

A- 3/8"
B- 3-3/8" to 3-1/2"
E- 4-1/4"

You mean to tell me that the best of the best EVO provided you with something sub-par!!?? Never!! I don't believe it...

Pictures or it didn't happen.

StrizzyChris

Am I going to get banned now? How come Eddie hasn't shunned me for my blasphemous claims? Am I just an EVO whore scorned? :eek:

In all actuality it is an added insurance piece that doesn't need torqued too much, but the bolt in the kit isn't very strong. I just need something to get me by until I can get to Ohio where someone can weld for me and not charge $100/hr labor. :eek:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

View attachment 96716

A- 3/8"
B- 3-3/8" to 3-1/2"
E- 4-1/4"

You know it's recommended that you have the bracket welded, right?

JayKay

Caught the Bug

View attachment 96716

A- 3/8"
B- 3-3/8" to 3-1/2"
E- 4-1/4"

As Eddie mentioned, bring your dimensions into a parts store and I'm sure they can order you some if they don't have them in stock. Otherwise, do some research, there may be someone local that can make them to spec. There is a company in the next town from my home town of 20,000 that makes u-bolts and build leaf spring packs to order.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Am I going to get banned now? How come Eddie hasn't shunned me for my blasphemous claims? Am I just an EVO whore scorned? :eek:

In all actuality it is an added insurance piece that doesn't need torqued too much, but the bolt in the kit isn't very strong. I just need something to get me by until I can get to Ohio where someone can weld for me and not charge $100/hr labor. :eek:

Screw you man, you're outta here!! :cheesy:

Seriously, if you do the prep, you can have a mobile welder come out and have him burn it on for about $40 or less.

StrizzyChris

Went to O'Riley's yesterday and snagged these guys, plus some jam nuts to double secure it, for $20. They barely got over the axle for a perfect fit. I did have to dilate the hole in the bracket to 1/2" since it comes made for 3/8".

1408984119511.jpg

StrizzyChris

Screw you man, you're outta here!! :cheesy:

Seriously, if you do the prep, you can have a mobile welder come out and have him burn it on for about $40 or less.

Damn, I didn't realize that they were that cheap...I am gonna make a few call and see what's around here and do that! :thumb:

Top Bottom