Dana 30 or 44

j1charlto

Hi.

Sorry 4 the dim question but can someone enlighten me as to the benefit of having dana 44 over the 30? Am thinking of buying a new jk but not sure if i should get the rubicon version with dana 44 or the sahara with the 30 or is it 33 well whatever it is.

Cheers folks
Sent from my GT-N7100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

2trackin

It honestly depends on what your doing with it. The front 44 is essentially a Dana 30 housing with 44 guts. That being said, it's stronger internally, not not really externally. Without anything to beef it up. 37s or even 35s if wheeled hard can bend the axle tubes. Also, if you plan to upgrade axles in the future. You can just save your money and go without the Rubicon. But if you don't plan to upgrade. And you won't be wheeling to hard or bombing through the desert but still would like the added features of the Rubicon, lockers, 4-1 tcase... Etc. Then go for the Rubicon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
a Dana 30 and 44 are very similar. they share the same tubes, knuckles, and C's but the pumpkin is larger on the 44. also a 44 has stronger internals then the d30. i would honestly say that a rubicon is the way to go. you so many extras that you dont get with a sport/sahara that make off roading so much easier. with a rubi you get 4:1 transfer case, locking axles, e-disco for your sway bar which helps you flex easier at a push of a button.

long story short there are a few threads on why a rubi is better than a sport so i would suggest taking a gander at some of them. also i would say go with the rubi :yup:

jeeeep

Hooked
go with the Rubicon if you can - also, I read that the latest models no longer offer the 4.10 axle gears by default on the Rubicon not even with the max tow package.

be sure to check that you get the 4.10 axle gears, it'll make it better if you plan to install a larger tire

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi.

Sorry 4 the dim question but can someone enlighten me as to the benefit of having dana 44 over the 30? Am thinking of buying a new jk but not sure if i should get the rubicon version with dana 44 or the sahara with the 30 or is it 33 well whatever it is.

Cheers folks
Sent from my GT-N7100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Being that you live in England and will most likely have no need for lockers, I might recommend that you save your money and just get a JK with a Dana 30.

Top Bottom