stock suspension more flex ???

chipjoseph

I have 2014 jk ,if i put longuer shock but with stock coil spring,do i have more flex ?
Is it bad idea or degerous? because i want more flex but no lift .
thank you .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have 2014 jk ,if i put longuer shock but with stock coil spring,do i have more flex ?
Is it bad idea or degerous? because i want more flex but no lift .
thank you .

Longer shocks can give you more droop but, you won't have any up travel as they will bottom. Also, too much droop and your coils will fall out. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Factory suspension flexes pretty good as is. Not the greatest, but it is what it is..

chipjoseph

If i put coil spring retaner is it ok or I am better to put small lift kit like 2.5 inch to have more flex? and this give more ground clearance to.

liljohn850

I'm in a pretty similar situation. I have a 10a on a boat somewhere in the pacific but intend on going with flat fenders, 35's eventually and no lift other than a spacer up front. My plan is to run the synergy shock relocation brackets and appropriate length bump stops and see what happens.

First off Welcome to the WAYALIFE. Stop by the give us a waive thread and introduce yourself.

If you are really worried about flex you might look into dropping the coins for Coilovers and a long arm. This will be then only way to get the mad flex you are looking for.

Flex is limited by tow features fist being the length of your shocks and second the amount of up travel on the other side. You axle will only articulate so much before I just will not go any farther.

As for ground clearance that comes from bigger tires. No matter how tall of a lift you go the center of your tire determines the ground clearance and the lowest point will alleys be you axle pumpkins.

R/
Will

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
If i put coil spring retaner is it ok or I am better to put small lift kit like 2.5 inch to have more flex? and this give more ground clearance to.

Do you have a Rubicon, sport or Sahara? If not a Rubicon, do you have sway bar disconnects?

liljohn850

I think i will opt for 2.5 inch lift kit , what lift kit you recommend me?

2.5". Just grab some evo plush rides and 5100 shocks or rancho adjustable. Get brake lines, appropriate end links and wallah. I'd grab some front lower control arms if you wanna correct the angles up front. The 3" springs net 3"...load up the jeep and you'll get your 2.5. The ride on my old sport was better than stock.

Top Bottom